PDA

View Full Version : Guidecraft Hideaway Storage Unit-$105

lowrioh
03-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Kids Woot has 3 different Guidecraft Hideaway storage units for $99 plus shipping. This seems to be a really good price since they run $200 plus on Amazon. One of them is a book browser.
http://kids.woot.com/

MamaMolly
03-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Waaaaaaaaaa! They won't ship here. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I'd have bought at least two of them.

bandgsmama
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
those look nice!

hellokitty
03-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Man, I wanted to buy shelves like that a few yrs back when my older boys were little for our playroom. Now they are older and we use an old ikea expedit (discontinued), so I guess it ended up working out. However, if this would have come up 4 or 5 yrs ago, I would have snatched those up! They are expensive when you try to order them through the educational supply stores.

gobadgers
03-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Thanks for posting! I've been wanting to get some outward-facing bookshelves, but have been too cheap to actually buy them. I think I'm going to get one for each kid's room! And maybe a multipurpose organizer too because that is such a great deal. Although I'm worried DS's room will start to look like a preschool classroom...

TwinsItIs
03-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Um, are there really people that would put away their blocks this nicely on a daily basis? Wow.

Seitvonzu
03-05-2012, 08:31 PM
our unit blocks are getting some serious play lately...if there was any way i could fit that shelf into my house... but no :) i'm saved! (and i agree-- our blocks are all crazy style in their boxes. they will be nicely put in when we are done playing with them for a while :)

hellokitty
03-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Um, are there really people that would put away their blocks this nicely on a daily basis? Wow.

Actually, at DS2's preschool, they always put the blocks away like they do in the picture. That surprised me. Ours are thrown into a plastic bin too, but ours are also smaller than the kind they have at preschool.

MamaMolly
03-06-2012, 08:56 AM
When I taught Pre-K we labeled the sections of the bins with the block shape and the kids did the rest. You trace around the block on a piece of colored paper, cut it out, and use clear contact paper to stick it to the bottom of the front of the sections. Kids can measure the blocks that are similar shapes for sorting. So like when you have 4 sizes of rectangles, only the ones that match that size go in the section. Works great, oddly enough! ;)