PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a bit bummed - preschool

HonoluluMom
03-05-2012, 01:50 PM
After touring way too many preschools, I finally narrowed the preschool choices to basically 3 schools. I just got a letter from one of the schools and DD didn't get in. :crying: DD went through an interview/testing for this preschool and she did so well! The school claims that every child that "passes" the interview/testing is put into a lottery.

I keep telling myself that things happen for a reason, but . . . I'm bummed.

I'm too scared and anxious to call the other schools to find out if they've already sent out acceptance letters.

mackmama
03-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Aww no I'm sorry. I can totally understand your disappointment. There's a lottery system around here, too, and it stinks. I wish we could simply choose the preschool that best fits our child and voila. I also think things happen for a reason, but that doesn't mean it's not a bummer. Go ahead and call when you're ready. Best to have the straight scoop and then deal with it from there.

new_mommy25
03-05-2012, 04:44 PM
Preschool, and school is general, is so hard in Hawaii. I feel your pain. I hope the other two schools work out for you. Don't give up hope!

sste
03-05-2012, 05:28 PM
If this makes you feel better, I have a big issue with preschools that interview. They are usually cherrypicking and it does not speak well of their teachers or their school that they can't handle all comers. I crossed every preschool that had an interview off of my list on general principal . . . and my DS is extremely talkative and charming with adults and I have no doubt would have excelled in an interview setting. We found an absolutely top-notch preschool that is a full "inclusion" preschool.

So my vote is you are well rid of them!

Tondi G
03-05-2012, 05:41 PM
I can understand your disappointment. We are going through the "lottery" game right now with my DS1 who will be starting middle school in the fall. Pulled a waiting list #23 in the first and keep getting congratulated (everyone assumes we will get a call). It is just frustrating cause you want to just know what you are doing and be settled in your decision. Hope you get chosen for the right school for your kiddo! The first one just wasn't meant to be!!!