PDA

View Full Version : narrowed it down- maestro versus secure kid?

sal799
03-05-2012, 10:14 PM
so i need a new seat ASAP- was going to buy today, didnt get around to it, going to BRU or Target tomorrow.
I narrowed it down to these 2.
DD is 4.5, about 41 inches, and skinny. seat is going in third row of odyssey. wnat someting easy to use, but most importantly, NARROW- which is narrower? anything ot push me one over other, or just buy what i find?

staceyeileen
03-05-2012, 11:39 PM
The secure kid uses the same shell as the maestro, so they should be nearly identical width. The secure kid has an adjustable head rest so it will fit a kid longer in booster mode. Amazon has them both on sale right now.

epiclesis
03-06-2012, 12:55 AM
They are very very similar in size, except for cupholders on the SK, IIRC.

The SK will last longest, because the headrest adjusts. The Maestro is outgrown when the harness is outgrown.

It may not work for you if you're in a desperate situation, but Amazon has them both on sale right now. Maestro for I think $64ish and the SK300 for $103.

Joolsplus2
03-06-2012, 09:02 AM
I sold a SK400 to a dad last night at BRU, had to find it on the top stock shelf and pull it out for him. The 20% coupon worked on it, so if you have any one of those, use it. It really is the same as the Maestro, but way better padded. Still couldn't hurt to take a look at the Complete Air, since what you need is a harnessed seat now, can hand it down as 'the narrow seat' for years to whichever kid has to sit in the narrowest spot, and just get a really good dedicated booster later (the SK is still only 'ok' as a booster, the belt guides are sort of odd (like, the belt just goes behind the headrest, looks like it might snag, lapbelt guides are kind of small and might be hard for a kid to route properly), and it's not as tall as a good seat like the Diono Monterey).