PDA

View Full Version : Gifting Grace Zoku Question

njk07
03-06-2012, 11:16 AM
How are you all finding out that something is wrong with your Zoku? Do you have to open the package? What if you are planning to give them as gifts?

Binkandabee
03-06-2012, 11:19 AM
All 3 that I ordered are gifts and I went ahead and opened them up for inspection. You can do it without leaving a trace that the box has been opened.

If there is a problem, there will be white crystals and gray powder inside the clear plastic bag. Very obvious. One of my 3 had this and Zoku is sending me a replacement.

happymommyof2
03-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I had to open the box and check the zoku unit itself. There was a gray powder in the bag of the zoku unit. When my SIL received the one I sent her, she said there was stuff all over the box.

beth239
03-06-2012, 11:28 AM
How did you know that Zoku was sending you a replacement? I sent them an email and then received an email asking for lot and model number and my shipping information a couple of days ago. I have not gotten any more emails if they are sending me a new one or not.

urquie
03-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Oh no, there is grey powder in my box/bag too! Can you please share the zoku contact info you used?

All 3 that I ordered are gifts and I went ahead and opened them up for inspection. You can do it without leaving a trace that the box has been opened.

If there is a problem, there will be white crystals and gray powder inside the clear plastic bag. Very obvious. One of my 3 had this and Zoku is sending me a replacement.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

njk07
03-06-2012, 11:43 AM

Oh - so you don't have to take off the clear packaging if there are no signs of powder? Thanks for the responses!

Binkandabee
03-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Correct, you don't have to take the zoku out of the plastic bag to tell if it's defective, just open the box and remove the styrofoam and the zoku itself. There will be powder/crystals that you can see right inside the bag if you need a replacement.

I emailed them from this link:

http://www.zokuhome.com/pages/contact

njk07
03-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Correct, you don't have to take the zoku out of the plastic bag to tell if it's defective, just open the box and remove the styrofoam and the zoku itself. There will be powder/crystals that you can see right inside the bag if you need a replacement.

Great! Thank you very much!

Choccie
03-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Where do you find the lot number? I've looked everywhere and mine doesn't seem to have one :-( At this rate I'll end up just returning the broken Zoku to GG - not sure that I have the energy to pursue it with Zoku but I know I'll regret it when summer rolls around!

Binkandabee
03-06-2012, 01:14 PM
The lot number is stamped on the bottom of the unit itself. It's VERY hard to see as it's not done in ink. Look closely and it's there!

TwinFoxes
03-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I was hesitant to open it up too, but it's actually pretty easy to get everything back together. I was lucky, no leakage. :)

urquie
03-06-2012, 01:30 PM

thanks for the link! turns out both my units have powder and/or crystallized powder with some moisture. :(

Choccie
03-06-2012, 03:09 PM
Thanks Binkandabee - I'll take a closer look tonight when I get home.

Does it seem like the defective Zoku's are all from the same lot (ie, defective from Zoku) or are the lots all over the place (meaning GG just hammered the units, didn't store them correctly, or whatever?) It's so strange that so many of them from GG have this problem.

Binkandabee
03-06-2012, 03:13 PM
My defective one actually looks like a manufacturer's defect because there is space between the silver part and the orange ring around the top. My other two that don't have the leak also do not have this space.

urquie
03-06-2012, 03:16 PM

How long did it take for zoku to get back to you, after your initial contact? Thanks!

Binkandabee
03-06-2012, 03:34 PM
They wrote me back the very next day.

urquie
03-06-2012, 03:43 PM

Great, thanks! Guess I'll stop checking every hour. :)

musicalgrl
03-06-2012, 03:44 PM

I got an email the same day I wrote to them, asking for my mailing address and phone number, but haven't heard anything since. Did they offer to replace it right away? Just curious as to how yours worked out.

I got three Zokus all together from GG - two were fine and one had the ashy dust. The internal packing styrofoam was different on the broken one so I'm thinking it might just have been that lot? So weird that so many of us are having problems with them.

beth239
03-06-2012, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=musicalgrl;3449976]I got an email the same day I wrote to them, asking for my mailing address and phone number, but haven't heard anything since. Did they offer to replace it right away? Just curious as to how yours worked out.

I never got a response after I gave them that information either. I hope they are going to send me a replacement. I haven't heard anything in a couple of days.

Twoboos
03-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks for posting where to find the lot # - I had sent them the numbers from the bottom of the BOX, not the actual pop maker!

I emailed them on Fri and got an email back Mon, which I responded to then. Haven't heard anything since. So we'll see what happens!

(And BTW, if one more person posts about these Nutella pops I'm going to lose it!! That is the FIRST thing I am making once I get a working non-leaky Zoku!! :bouncy:)

mypa
03-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Thanks for posting where to find the lot # - I had sent them the numbers from the bottom of the BOX, not the actual pop maker!

I emailed them on Fri and got an email back Mon, which I responded to then. Haven't heard anything since. So we'll see what happens!

(And BTW, if one more person posts about these Nutella pops I'm going to lose it!! That is the FIRST thing I am making once I get a working non-leaky Zoku!! :bouncy:)

In the meanwhile, you can make Nutella chocolate milk. Milk w/ a plop of Nutella, mixed in a blender ( I used an immersion blender). It will be good practice for when your Zoku comes :-)

tarnator
03-06-2012, 05:06 PM
I haven't been able to check my zoku yet since it is at my mailbox and I can't get there until next monday.

My suspicious mind can't help wondering if GG knowingly sent out a bunch of duds. Since we are all going through zoku for replacements, GG used them to get us to buy a bunch of other random stuff!

....or it makes me worry that zokus are always like this. And that they are way too fragile to handle my household. Eek!

bw52
03-07-2012, 01:00 PM
My replacement Zoku shipped! I emailed them early Monday with the lot #, etc that they asked for and was losing hope....but just got a conf they are sending a replacement! Wohoo!!!

musicalgrl
03-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I just got an email notification that my replacement is shipping today, too. Hooray!

Binkandabee
03-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I got an email the same day I wrote to them, asking for my mailing address and phone number, but haven't heard anything since. Did they offer to replace it right away? Just curious as to how yours worked out.

I got three Zokus all together from GG - two were fine and one had the ashy dust. The internal packing styrofoam was different on the broken one so I'm thinking it might just have been that lot? So weird that so many of us are having problems with them.

I wrote them on day 1, they wrote back with further inquiry (address, lot #) on day 2 and on day 3 they emailed me that my new zoku would ship on day 4.

mypa
03-09-2012, 03:25 PM
I just got a Fed Ex shipment and had no idea what it was....opened to find it's the replacement Zoku from the manufacturer! Yay! I didn't get a shipping notification so I was surprised to see it this morning. What a great company.

Twoboos
03-09-2012, 03:37 PM
I just got a Fed Ex shipment and had no idea what it was....opened to find it's the replacement Zoku from the manufacturer! Yay! I didn't get a shipping notification so I was surprised to see it this morning. What a great company.

Got mine today, too! YAY!! Nutella pops this weekend!!! :yay:

mypa
03-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Got mine today, too! YAY!! Nutella pops this weekend!!! :yay:

My kids have been chomping through those Nutella pops. You can make up to 9 at a time, good thing we have extra sticks. I wrap each one of those in sandwhich bags.

I also made some strawberry pops, so yum! Took about 1/2 C of strawberries, just a little bit of milk, a teaspoon full of sugar, whirled w/my immersion blender. The pops has such real strawberry taste, so good and simple.

Love having the extra pop sticks. I think the next time I have any smoothies left over I will make pops out of them, each pop uses so little mix.

Choccie
03-09-2012, 05:29 PM
I have to say Zoku customer service is fantastic! Gave them the lot number (thanks for helping me locate this on my unit or I never would have found it) and they got right back to me to confirm they will send out a replacement. Thanks to the original OP - I don't think I would have thought about contacting Zoku - would have just shipped it back to GG for a refund and that would have been too sad :-(

anonomom
03-09-2012, 05:39 PM
....or it makes me worry that zokus are always like this. And that they are way too fragile to handle my household. Eek!

If it makes you feel any better, my Zoku gets heavy use (every single day), and so far no problems.

Choccie
03-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Annonomom - Zoku should pay you a fee for their increased sales! Following your blog has inspired me :-)

sf333
03-09-2012, 06:10 PM
Annonomom - Zoku should pay you a fee for their increased sales! Following your blog has inspired me :-)

:yeahthat: :D

anonomom
03-09-2012, 06:30 PM

I live in hope. Frankly, I'd be giddy with a free accessory or two.

beth239
03-09-2012, 11:27 PM
I was surprised with my replacement today too. I never got a shipping notice. I can't wait to start following your blog.

elbenn
03-10-2012, 04:37 PM
I got my replacement Zoku today. Great customer service from Zoku! I'm excited to try it out. I need to go buy some Nutella!

Twin Mom
04-14-2012, 11:24 AM
I am a little late to the party but I realized that my Zoku was defective as well. Just sent an email for a replacement. Hopefully they can ship it out next week. I would have liked to make some pops with my kids this weekend but oh well.

scoop22
04-14-2012, 04:04 PM
I sent a message Monday. They sent me one Wednesday. I replied
With my address and lot # I didn't hear back. Today FedEx delivered
the new zoku. Woohoo! We can't wait to enjoy

3emm
04-14-2012, 11:52 PM
I am a little late to the party but I realized that my Zoku was defective as well. Just sent an email for a replacement. Hopefully they can ship it out next week. I would have liked to make some pops with my kids this weekend but oh well.

What was wrong with your zoku... I haven't used
Mine ... It's in the freezer right now and I'm afraid
That maybe when I decide to use it , it won't work!
Most people had leaking fluid ... I might have to try out just to
Make sure it functions properly

Twin Mom
04-15-2012, 12:25 AM
It has white crystals around the top near where the orange ring connects to the unit.

tarnator
04-18-2012, 08:00 PM
What am I doing wrong?

I can't get the darn pops out without breaking the sticks! It is driving us nuts... We have done 3 batches and have broken 4 sticks.

DH wants to send it back to GG, but I am not sure if they will take it back anymore..... HELP!

lil_acorn
04-18-2012, 08:10 PM
What am I doing wrong?

I can't get the darn pops out without breaking the sticks! It is driving us nuts... We have done 3 batches and have broken 4 sticks.

DH wants to send it back to GG, but I am not sure if they will take it back anymore..... HELP!

are you are using that orange removal tool? just screw it on and spin until it releases?

urquie
04-18-2012, 08:12 PM
What am I doing wrong?

Maybe the troubleshooting section of the manual will help you out, page 11, I think...

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0038/1592/files/quickpop_manual_english.pdf?1272046297

tarnator
04-19-2012, 12:57 AM
are you are using that orange removal tool? just screw it on and spin until it releases?

Yes. And it is sooooo hard to turn until they either finally pop out or the darn stick break. Some of them have been left over night - could that be the problem - overfrozen? The other option is too low sugar content maybe. I am not much of a sweet tooth, so they tend to be a bit lower than usual.

Anyway, I might contact GG and see if they will accept a return. But I have already send stuff back from that order, so I don't think that I have the invoice anymore....

anonomom
04-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Leaving them overnight is definitely an issue -- the instruction manual cautions against it, I think. It doesn't seem to take much sugar to make a non-stick pop, though. For example, the natural sugars in fruit make pops that don't stick without any added sweeteners. Unless you're really diluting your juice (or whatever you're using as a base), you shouldn't have a problem.

You might consider contacting Zoku directly. They may be able to help you out. I also wrote a post on my blog this week about how to avoid sticking pops.

Twin Mom
04-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Emailed them last weekend about my defective Zoku and I got my new one today! Yay. Just stuck it in the freezer. My DC don't know about it so I'm sure they are going to be excited to try it out.

ckso
04-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Emailed them last weekend about my defective Zoku and I got my new one today! Yay. Just stuck it in the freezer. My DC don't know about it so I'm sure they are going to be excited to try it out.

Do they give you a return postage to send the defective product back? Or is sending a picture enough to get a replacement?

kochh2
04-20-2012, 06:32 PM
anyone want to post their lot number so we can see if these are all similar lots?? Mine had it too....:(

sewarsh
05-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Well, bummed to say mine is defective also!
I checked a few months back when I first received it and people were complaining and stored it away until tonight and its got the powdery crystalization going on. ugh. darn it! i thought we were in the clear.

Twin Mom
05-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Just saw this now. They didn't ask for a picture or for me to return it. Told me to throw it out and they sent me a new one.

Kids were excited that we made Gatorade popsicles yesterday!

Do they give you a return postage to send the defective product back? Or is sending a picture enough to get a replacement?