PDA

View Full Version : Blood in Stool - Possible TMI

lmr1101
03-06-2012, 11:43 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for some advice on this one. DD1 - 3yrs old- had a bm this morning. My husband was with her in the bathroom and she was using her little potty. He went to dump it in the toilet and notice there was fresh blood on a few of the bm. Here come the TMI -- we always say she poos like a rabbit. Lots of little poos. This time the blood was on a few of the little poos and then there was one MUCH bigger poo with blood on it-- Seriously I'm sO SORRY for all of the details.
She also noticed the blood and came to get me so I could look at the red in her potty.

I really don't think it's a big deal. There was no blood in the stool, just on top of a bit of it. I think she just pooed bigger than she usually does and it cause a bit of blood.
Am I being too relaxed here? My DH thinks I need to call the dr?
What would you guys do in this situation?
Again -- sorry for the TMI.

Blue Hydrangea
03-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I'd likely think the same as you. A little bright red blood would signal to me that she might have a small tear that will heal quickly on its own. If she had internal bleeding, the blood in the stool would be much darker.

BabbyO
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I'd likely think the same as you. A little bright red blood would signal to me that she might have a small tear that will heal quickly on its own. If she had internal bleeding, the blood in the stool would be much darker.

I agree. I'd keep an eye on the next BM or two just to monitor. If it doesn't go away or gets worse, I'd call the Dr.

wolverine2
03-06-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm sure it's fine... just monitor and see if it happens again. This happened w/ us recently only it was quite bloody, and I freaked out until we realized that DS had a slight bloody nose while sleeping and had swallowed most of it.

sunshine873
03-06-2012, 12:32 PM

:yeahthat: The same kind of thing has happened to my DD too. Especially if the poop is bigger than usual.

ABO Mama
03-06-2012, 12:42 PM
All of the above, and try getting more fiber into her tummy.