PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone plan/provider questions

Indianamom2
03-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Three questions:

What mobile provider do you use?

Roughly what do you pay/month (if you don't mind) along with basic plan details?

Do you like them?

Basically, I've just about had it with Verizon. We've been customers for at least 8 years (maybe longer, can't remember) and I'm just about done. I can't even figure out this months' bill and several things are just plain wrong.

I have a plain old "dumb" phone. I don't text much, but a few messages each month.

DH has a Droid of some sort that he got through work. He has a little over a year left under that contract. He owns the phone, but we are now off the corporate contract.

We just signed up (last month) to add his phone to a family plan of 700 anytime minutes (we never ever go over) and unlimited text (which I think we need to change as we don't come close to the basic limit there either). With Dh's phone, we have the 2 GB basic data plan for $30/month, otherwise he can't use his phone.

All total, it comes to somewhere between $130-140 dollars/month. That's crazy, in my opinion. I'm hoping to compare and see what others are paying and how you feel about your provider. We're not going the Iphone route and so we're free to go anywhere once our contracts are up or if there is incentive to break the contract earlier.

codex57
03-06-2012, 02:17 PM
Sprint SERO (the old one).

Dumbphones = $30/mo for 450 min, unlimited text and unlimited data
Smartphones (but crappy ones people prolly wouldn't want) = $40 for the same thing
"Premium" smartphones (iPhone and the good smartphones, including 4G ones) = $50 for the same thing

People sell them on eBay and stuff. You do a transfer of service. Over time (often less than a year), you make up in savings whatever you pay for it. My sister bought one. I have a friend who's sold them.

c&j04
03-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Check out pagepluscellular.com.
It runs on the Verizon network. Can buy phones thru them or use any Verizon phone that has never been used as a prepaid.
I have the 1200 plan. 1200 min 3000 text 200mb data for $29.99 mo. No taxes or fees.

$80 will get you I think 2000minutes good for 365 days. They have lots of plan options.

c&j04
03-06-2012, 03:41 PM
ITA, Verizon is the pits. They are amazingly fond of fees.

Jacksmommy2b
03-06-2012, 05:04 PM
We have sprint.

We pay $130 per month for two top of the line smartphones and unlimited everything.

DHs employer pays part of it as he uses his personal phone for work and we don't have a house phone.