PDA

View Full Version : Deal is dead! Amazon & Google Play offering Now 41 album for $0.25

NJ_Mom2011
03-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Update on March 8: This deal is no longer being offered.

Original Message:
Yes, this is the same album Amazon was offering for $2.99 a few days ago.
Amazon and Google Music are offering Now that's What I Call Music! 41 for $0.25. Apparently, Amazon is cheaper than Google as it is not charging sales tax.
Here's a link for Google Music:
https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Buikgjt7733nyzit4pqoutswj4q&feature=banner.

Here's a link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Thats-What-Call-Music-Vol/dp/B0070CFKGU

Songs available on Now that's what I call music 41:
1 Sexy And I Know It LMFAO
2 The One That Got Away Katy Perry
3 Marry The Night Lady GaGa
4 Domino Jessie J Share 3:48
5 Stereo Hearts (Feat. Adam Levine) Gym Class Heroes
6 5 O'clock (Feat. Lily Allen) T-Pain
7 Work Out J.Cole
8 International Love Pitbull
9 Blackout Breathe Carolina
10 Love You Like A Love Song Selena Gomez & The Scene
11 Not Over You Gavin DeGraw
12 Paradise Coldplay
13 Someone Like You Adele
14 Lullaby Nickelback
15 I Don't Want This Night To End Luke Bryan
16 Red Solo Cup Toby Keith
17 Blow Up (Now What's Next Bonus Track) Sammy Adams
18 Somebody's Heartbreak (Now What's Next Bonus Track) Hunter Hayes
19 Eat Dirt (Now What's Next Bonus Track) Susan Justice
20 Glad You Came (Now What's Next Bonus Track) The Wanted

Twin Mom
03-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks. Missed it last time. Just got it. The bummer is that I bought a couple of those songs last week for DC but what can you do.

urquie
03-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Can we use this music on non-android devices? On iPods or iTunes? Thanks. :)

fasthdgirl
03-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Great thanks :thumbsup:

NJ_Mom2011
03-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Can we use this music on non-android devices? On iPods or iTunes? Thanks. :)

I would recommend buying from Amazon, which is now offering the same deal as Google Play. From personal experience, Amazon transfers the music to itunes if you download its software. It is a smooth process. Here's a link to Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Thats-What-Call-Music-Vol/dp/B0070CFKGU

veronica
03-06-2012, 04:00 PM
thank you. It's on my pc and phone now. wish I could have it on the ipad :(

NJ_Mom2011
03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Also Google Play is offering for free today the Muppet Movie song, Man or Muppet. Love that song, and am so glad that it won the Oscar for best song.

Here's a link:
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=man+or+muppet&c=music

Momit
03-06-2012, 04:08 PM
I would recommend buying from Amazon, which is now offering the same deal as Google Play. From personal experience, Amazon transfers the music to itunes if you download its software. It is a smooth process. Here's a link to Amazon:

Yes. I did the Google one right after the OP. Amazon is much easier. But you can get the Google one into iTunes.

beth239
03-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Thank you!!

Twin Mom
03-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks. DS asked me to get him this song.

Also Google Play is offering for free today the Muppet Movie song, Man & Monster. Love that song, and am so glad that it won the Oscar for best song.

Here's a link:
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=man+or+muppet&c=music

TwinsItIs
03-06-2012, 04:44 PM
thank you. It's on my pc and phone now. wish I could have it on the ipad :(
Why can't you do that? You can't sync it to your iPad?

wellyes
03-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Hey, I learned something, I kept thinking "that Gym Class Heros singer sounds a lot like the guy from Maroon 5!" But it IS the guy from Maroon 5.

But, I refuse to buy a Selena Gomez song, so I will sit this one out!

veronica
03-06-2012, 04:56 PM
Why can't you do that? You can't sync it to your iPad?
I'm not sure how :(

I clicked on the link in the OP and it seems as though Google Play is marketed to android only? I only have a gmail account because my droid phone prompted me to have one when I set that up. so, the music showed up on my phone immediately. How would I even get it on my ipad now? somehow sign into my gmail account and find google play that way?

Melaine
03-06-2012, 05:06 PM
Thank you! I am playing it now from the cloud (which by the way, I'm perplexed by) but I can't seem to get it to download to Itunes despite the super clear instructions. Oh well.

Twin Mom
03-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Download the songs to your computer from Google Play and then save them from your computer to itunes. Sometimes it takes me a few tries to get it to work but I have always been able to load stuff from my computer into itunes.

I'm not sure how :(

I clicked on the link in the OP and it seems as though Google Play is marketed to android only? I only have a gmail account because my droid phone prompted me to have one when I set that up. so, the music showed up on my phone immediately. How would I even get it on my ipad now? somehow sign into my gmail account and find google play that way?

hillview
03-06-2012, 05:14 PM
thanks!!

veronica
03-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Download the songs to your computer from Google Play and then save them from your computer to itunes. Sometimes it takes me a few tries to get it to work but I have always been able to load stuff from my computer into itunes.
DH is telling me that we could put the songs easily into his itunes account on the laptop but that those particular songs will not show up as available in his account in the ipad? he says that only paid itunes music shows up in his ipad.....

ElspethCordelia
03-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks! This feels like I'm shopping at a garage sale!

Ms B
03-06-2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the post! DS loves the song "Red Solo Cup" (seriously), so that alone is worth a quarter!

newnana
03-06-2012, 10:35 PM
weird, when I click the amazon link it's $7.99. or is it just the google one that is this price today? Sorry for the confusion!

edurnemk
03-06-2012, 10:36 PM
weird, when I click the amazon link it's $7.99. or is it just the google one that is this price today? Sorry for the confusion!

Same here

mikala
03-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Hm, the Amazon link is still $.25 for me. I'm using this one from the string above:

edurnemk
03-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Hm, the Amazon link is still $.25 for me. I'm using this one from the string above:

Thanks! That link did work with the $0.25 price. No idea why it didn't work before.

wendmatt
03-06-2012, 11:40 PM
Thanks, I downloaded it, but I've never done that before (lame I know, I still use cds or radio!), so it's downloading to my computer right now so we'll see if I can work out how to play it or put it on my DHs mp3 player (gosh I really do sound lame!).

ECMom
03-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Thank you! I've never heard of these NOW collections. Hope it it will be easy to put on my ipod!

edurnemk
03-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Thank you! I've never heard of these NOW collections. Hope it it will be easy to put on my ipod!

It is, if you got it from Amazon it can be imported directly to iTunes.On the Downloader Menu, select preferences and check the "download to iTunes" option. Then you just sync your iPod and you're ready to go.

NJ_Mom2011
03-07-2012, 08:46 AM
I am so confused, yesterday, Google Play was advertising this Now album as a one day thing. But it is still offering it today, 3/7. So I updated my initial posting.

Ms B
03-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Also, I noticed when I got the Now download that the Idina Menzel "Barefoot at the Symphony" album was only $3.99 on Amazon -- so I got that too! Deals, deals, deals! :thumbsup:

artvandalay
03-07-2012, 10:48 AM
It is, if you got it from Amazon it can be imported directly to iTunes.On the Downloader Menu, select preferences and check the "download to iTunes" option. Then you just sync your iPod and you're ready to go.

Shoot! It didn't give me this option. Where exactly was this itunes option? Did it appear after you paid?

ETA: Ok, i think i figured it out.

Thanks OP!

artvandalay
03-07-2012, 11:33 AM
OK, I'm clueless. Can someone help me figure this out? I am trying to save the album to itunes.

I clicked the part that said "Save to MAC OS". I then installed the Amazon downloader thingie. It said it downloaded. I saved it and then went to "open". Itunes opened... but then nothing happened. No prompt appeared asking me to download and I checked my itunes albums... it's not there.

newnana
03-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks so much!

edurnemk
03-07-2012, 11:41 AM
OK, I'm clueless. Can someone help me figure this out? I am trying to save the album to itunes.

I clicked the part that said "Save to MAC OS". I then installed the Amazon downloader thingie. It said it downloaded. I saved it and then went to "open". Itunes opened... but then nothing happened. No prompt appeared asking me to download and I checked my itunes albums... it's not there.

Ok, so you downloaded and installed the Amazon MP3 downloader? After you download it you need to open it for it to run and download the album to your computer. It should display the list of songs and the status (i.e. downloading, downloaded, pending). On the menu of the Downloader, go to preferences, and there you can choose the folder where the songs are saved (see which folder its set to, and check it, maybe your songs are there already and you can import them to itunes manually), and also check the option for "add downloaded tracks to itunes". If you still can't find the songs go to Amazon and check your order history it should be there and I guess have the option to retry the download?

HTH!

ETA: IIRC after you download the Amazon downloader, you get prompted to download the menu on the Amazon webpage. Did you do that?

artvandalay
03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Ok, so you downloaded and installed the Amazon MP3 downloader? After you download it you need to open it for it to run and download the album to your computer. It should display the list of songs and the status (i.e. downloading, downloaded, pending). On the menu of the Downloader, go to preferences, and there you can choose the folder where the songs are saved (see which folder its set to, and check it, maybe your songs are there already and you can import them to itunes manually), and also check the option for "add downloaded tracks to itunes". If you still can't find the songs go to Amazon and check your order history it should be there and I guess have the option to retry the download?

HTH!

ETA: IIRC after you download the Amazon downloader, you get prompted to download the menu on the Amazon webpage. Did you do that?

THanks. I downloaded it and installed it, then saved it. It then asked me if I want to open, and I said yes. Then my itunes library popped up.... and then nothing else happened. No prompts of any sort, not even the download on the Amazon page. Nothing. I hate itunes. Well, it's easy on my iphone. Using it on my PC is a PITA.

Maybe I'll just back out of it and instead have it save to the Windows version, and then figure out a way to transfer that to itunes.

ETA: Ok, I'm a moron. I'm using a PC and kept checking MAC :bag I guess I got confused between all the Mac/itunes stuff. I checked the Windows option, installed it, and now it's downloading to itunes

Thanks guys!

kboyle
03-07-2012, 02:38 PM
thanks!

lablover
03-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Thanks, just downloaded it to iTunes!