PDA

View Full Version : Do your DC rewear their school uniforms

KpbS
03-06-2012, 03:59 PM
or school clothes (if not uniforms) before washing ever? A friend and I were discussing this and I was wondering what is the common practice.

HIU8
03-06-2012, 04:03 PM
If, and that's a big if, there are no stains from the day, then yes DS will rewear his uniform the next day. I only ever do 2 days in a row though.

kijip
03-06-2012, 05:41 PM
We wear pants 2-4 times between washes barring big messes. Shirts 2 time before washing usually. We are not washing clothes everyday.

mousemom
03-06-2012, 06:17 PM
I wore a uniform from 1-12th grades. We definitely rewore skirts and jumpers once or twice, as long as they did not get particularly dirty on a given day. Shirts were only worn once before washing.

AnnieW625
03-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Sweatshirts, long pants, and a knit sweater is a must. She has two sweatshirts, one sweater, and one pair of long pants. Skirts and polo shirts are reworn if we are short on laundry, but again only if they are clean or if there is something on them them and I can get it out with some warm water on a wash cloth. As a wohm it's just life at my house;).

We have: 2 sweatshirts, 1 sweater, 1 long pant, 5 chino skirts (some are in better condition than others as they were hand me downs), 4 polo shirts, and 1 Friday shirt.

wimama
03-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I am chuckling. I chose No, my kid's uniforms are a dirt magnet. I feel proud that my DS is one of the few boys in his class without holes in the knees of his uniforms yet. He plays hard and I expect a few holes before he finishes out the year. And, I am proud I had the foresight to buy navy socks for school instead of all white. One less thing to get stained.:wink2: I am not too worried about stains. Between snack, lunch, art projects and at least two recesses a day, and playroom time the kid comes home filthy every day.

But, I wouldn't want it to be any different. All the dirt means he is having many enriching activities during the day. That is what I tell myself when I have the stain spray bottle in my hands.:ROTFLMAO:

new_mommy25
03-06-2012, 07:30 PM
No, never. DS is messy and I wash regardless of visible dirt. I always buy enough uniforms for a week and do laundry on weekends. DS's zip-up sweatshirt does get re-worn several times before a wash unless I see that it is dirty. He usually only wears it for an hour or so in the morning until it warms up.

AshleyAnn
03-06-2012, 08:04 PM
Well DD is 2 so no school uniforms yet but we do rewear clothing if its not visibly dirty

daniele_ut
03-06-2012, 08:38 PM
I am chuckling. I chose No, my kid's uniforms are a dirt magnet. I feel proud that my DS is one of the few boys in his class without holes in the knees of his uniforms yet. He plays hard and I expect a few holes before he finishes out the year. And, I am proud I had the foresight to buy navy socks for school instead of all white. One less thing to get stained.:wink2: I am not too worried about stains. Between snack, lunch, art projects and at least two recesses a day, and playroom time the kid comes home filthy every day.

But, I wouldn't want it to be any different. All the dirt means he is having many enriching activities during the day. That is what I tell myself when I have the stain spray bottle in my hands.:ROTFLMAO:

No, never. DS is messy and I wash regardless of visible dirt. I always buy enough uniforms for a week and do laundry on weekends.

:yeahthat:
I went to Catholic school from 8th - 12th grade and I always wore my skirts for several days in a row, but I have a 7 year old BOY in first grade now wearing a uniform. They play outside every day and he plays hard so his pants go in the hamper every day after school. I bought 5 pairs of uniform pants, 5 short sleeve polos, 5 long sleeve polos, 1 dress shirt (he wears it every other Friday). I do his laundry on Saturday or Sunday

I whined about the cost of the Dennis Uniform pants compared to the ones we got at Target for kindergarten at a different school, but the Dennis pants have held up MUCH better than the Target pants. By this time last year he had holes in the knees of 3 pairs and this year we've had no holes.

If dh is still teaching there when DD starts kindergarten, I don't think I will be buying 5 jumpers, though. The jumpers were $45 a piece at the uniform store. I noticed that there were many more jumpers in kindergarten sizes than there were boys pants, so I think we will have more luck finding the jumpers used.

edurnemk
03-06-2012, 08:53 PM
DS's uniform looks dirty after one use, no way we could reuse the pants or shirts. We sometimes go 2-3 wears without washing just for the sweaters.

I do remember rewearing my uniform jumper, but I was probably and as a girl didn't get as dirty as DS! He comes home with dirt and grass stains every.single.day

StantonHyde
03-06-2012, 11:10 PM
The white polo shirts and oxford shirts--no, never rewear those.

The plaid jumper that could survive a nuclear explosion-you bet. I just wipe the dirt off and she wears it again (she has to wear it 2x/week)

ilfaith
03-06-2012, 11:29 PM
No, never. DS is messy and I wash regardless of visible dirt. I always buy enough uniforms for a week and do laundry on weekends. DS's zip-up sweatshirt does get re-worn several times before a wash unless I see that it is dirty. He usually only wears it for an hour or so in the morning until it warms up.

Same here. I did find DS's uniform shirts from kindergarten held up well enough to pass down to his younger brother, but the shirts he wore for first grade were a mess by the end of the year. Then it occurred to me that in first grade he began to get hot lunch...which was much more likely to stain than the sandwiches I was packing when he brought his lunch to school in kindergarten. DS2 is equally sloppy, and probably even harder on clothes than his big brother (he's more rough and tumble and more likely to put hole in his pants.) Their hoodies are the only thing that don't get washed after each wearing.

queenmama
03-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Up until this year, Henry would re-wear his (non-uniform) school clothes twice, at least, assuming there wasn't a lunch-related mishap. Now that he's a "tween" and P.E. is more vigorous, he stinks up his stuff too much to wear more than once.

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk

lalasmama
03-06-2012, 11:40 PM
DD will wear her jeans 2 times before getting washed as long as they aren't visibly dirty and/or smelly. I will usually do Jeans Pair #1, then #2 the next day for #1 to "air out", and alternate. Rarely it's two actual days in a row.

**I will admit that DD has 4-5 pairs of identical TCP jeans for a reason. It's hard to tease a kid about wearing "the same jeans" every day when she's got several pairs!

SnuggleBuggles
03-06-2012, 11:46 PM
Pants are reworn 1-2 times, shirts never reworn.