PDA

View Full Version : Costco Travel

tobycat
03-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Anyone book through Costco Travel? It seems to be a good deal.

anamika
03-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Would love to hear more about this too.
Which package were you considering? I read one of the blurbs and I am lost already - park hopper and extra magic hours and all that lingo! I am too scared to poke the beast!

tobycat
03-06-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't know either. I just started looking at this idea this morning. The Grand Californian through Alaska Air is $2486 for 3 nights airfare included, park tickets NOT included. Costsco is $2293 with airfare AND park tickets. We will likely not stay at the Grand Californian as it is so expensive. You can also book other hotels through Costco.

Someone else just replied in my other thread that it is usually cheaper to price everything separately instead of packages.

I am open to any and all suggestions, as I really don't know what I am doing.

almostamom
03-09-2012, 03:57 PM
We booked through Costco Travel a few years ago and stayed at the Grand Californian for 5 days. We moved our trip up a month and were able to stay at the GC for the same price as if we would have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel a month later. I really liked staying at the GC. DS has a great view of the monorail from our balcony which was great for a train loving boy! ;) It was nice to be so close since DS was little. We would go to DL or CA for a few hours, come back and play in the pool, rest, etc. before going back later in the day. Our package came with 5 day park hopper passes, early entrance for a few of those days, a character breakfast, a gift card, preferred seating at some of the shows, and a few other little goodies.

HTH,
Linda

ETA: At the time we went, the Costco package was cheaper than purchasing separately, however, we didn't need airfare.