PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Mom/Prime sharing

staceyeileen
03-06-2012, 08:12 PM
I had Prime through Amazon Mom for a year shared with my husband's account. When that expired, my husband signed up for Amazon Student which included another 6 months of Prime that he then shared with my account. When Amazon changed their rules, my account lost the diaper discount. Next month our free Prime runs out and we plan to renew at the $39 Amazon Student rate. Last week when they opened up the sign-ups for Amazon Mom again, I had him register his account. Currently, we both have Prime shipping benefits but only he is getting the diaper discount.

So my question is, when we pay to renew our Prime will I get my diaper discount back? Also, does anyone know if a paid Prime membership through Amazon Student qualifies for the streaming and Kindle rentals (we also have an old Kindle device), AND are these features shareable to my account?

Amazon Prime and their various programs and rules sure have gotten confusing....

bostonsmama
03-06-2012, 08:50 PM
My brother has Amazon Studen and gets the free rentals for his kindle fire (and a free book a day). I think he can also stream.

I'm an authorized user under his account and use it to get free prime shipments all the time, but I can't answer your Q about the diaper discount, b/c I haven't tried to get him AM S&S deals.

mikala
03-06-2012, 10:27 PM
As I understand it you'll only get the diaper discount if you're the primary Prime person. Same with access to the Kindle Library and video streaming. Secondary members share the Prime shipping benefits but don't seem to get the other perks.

All of the above applies to regular full paid Prime, no experience with the student version so I don't know if that differs at all.