PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who hasn't bought from Gifting Grace? Anything I should really buy?

justlearning
03-06-2012, 08:41 PM
I have seen the very lengthy threads about the Gifting Grace 50% sale but don't have hours to spend reading through those threads and trying to figure out what was recommended that's still in stock.

So are there some items that you all are agreeing on that are must-buys and still in stock now? The bargain hunter in me is feeling left out of your shopping frenzy!

Suebell
03-06-2012, 08:58 PM
I finally caved and wished I hadn't! When I realized I could get Rody for $20 I bought that and a bunch of other things. Well, he wasn't in my order! So, now I have 2 cute but totally unnecessary things (magnet sets OOS), a bunch of things to send back, and no Rody. lol.

ps
Emailed about Rody & 4 days later nothing. Called and was told a supervisor would call me w/in 24 hours...that was 48 hours ago. I guess I'll call back tomorrow. I need Rody refunded or better yet sent to me! ;)

calv
03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
nope, see nothing necessary. I've yet to place an order.

Melaine
03-06-2012, 10:06 PM
I haven't bought anything either. I've shown surprising restraint. I haven't gone shopping in over a week and haven't made any online purchases in even longer. And I skipped the BabyLegs sale, the Hanna Andersson super outlet sale (although I did order a couple weeks ago), the Itzy Ritzy blowout and the Agoo clearance.

I should get a medal, actually.

Momit
03-06-2012, 10:13 PM

Absolutely!

maylips
03-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I haven't bought anything either. I've shown surprising restraint. I haven't gone shopping in over a week and haven't made any online purchases in even longer. And I skipped the BabyLegs sale, the Hanna Andersson super outlet sale (although I did order a couple weeks ago), the Itzy Ritzy blowout and the Agoo clearance.

I feel the same way! I've even SEARCHED sites and STILL haven't bought anything. I'm pretty proud of myself, which sadly shows my addiction to shopping.

zukeypur
03-06-2012, 11:05 PM
I haven't jumped either.

TwinFoxes
03-06-2012, 11:21 PM
I bought two things, the $25 Zoku which will be DH's bday present (looooves Popsicles, and he saw one at Williams Sonoma and thought it was super cool) and the Timbuk2 roller carryon that sells for $225 for $56. I had literally told DH the week before that I needed a new roller bag. That's it. I got two things I was in the market for for super cheap. :D

Melanie, I am very impressed by your restraint!

PAfirsttimemom
03-06-2012, 11:56 PM
I still haven't placed an order, either. I do have some things in my cart, though, and several would make good gifts I think. So I may go ahead and do an order tomorrow. That's supposedly the last day for 50% off, correct?

tarnator
03-07-2012, 12:46 AM
I still haven't placed an order, either. I do have some things in my cart, though, and several would make good gifts I think. So I may go ahead and do an order tomorrow. That's supposedly the last day for 50% off, correct?

Yup. Last day tomorrow.

I had 2 early orders so got a lot of good stuff, zoku, $5 cardigans etc. Now I have $700 in my cart of stuff that I don't need.....I will see if there is anything that makes me pull the trigger tomorrow. Otherwise, I will be glad to see the end of this sale!

AnnieW625
03-07-2012, 01:10 AM
I didn't buy anything either. I thought about a watch but ended up not ordering it.

citymama
03-07-2012, 01:30 AM
Add me to the (short) list of people who haven't bought anything. I thought the sale was over! What's still in stock, anyway? Just in case...;)

pearcider
03-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Add me to the (short) list of people who haven't bought anything. I thought the sale was over! What's still in stock, anyway? Just in case...;)

Lots of things. :wink2:

But since I've been following the site for a couple weeks, a lot of the more popular (and bargain) items are gone. There are still some decent deals to be had though.

citymama
03-07-2012, 01:59 AM
Lots of things. :wink2:

But since I've been following the site for a couple weeks, a lot of the more popular (and bargain) items are gone. There are still some decent deals to be had though.

Oh man. How do I find the screaming deals? I was too intimidated by the length of that thread to even start!

smiles33
03-07-2012, 02:09 AM
The long thread "Post when you receive your GG orders" has reviews, but I just went through the site page by page. Six orders later, I've been really happy with almost everything (just returning a few items).

TwinsItIs
03-07-2012, 03:40 AM
Can someone fill me in on what the hullabaloo with that site is? Good deals? is it a flash sales site? How does it work?

Thanks

mum-to-be
03-07-2012, 04:10 AM
The long thread "Post when you receive your GG orders" has reviews, but I just went through the site page by page. Six orders later, I've been really happy with almost everything (just returning a few items).

I wish I hadn't clicked this thread, but now that I did, what did you buy? I have been trawling the other thread after ignoring it for weeks, and I feel the need to buy something even though I should go to sleep!

TwinFoxes
03-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Can someone fill me in on what the hullabaloo with that site is? Good deals? is it a flash sales site? How does it work?

Thanks

It's kind of a Red Envelope gift type site with lots name brands. JCPenney is the parent (although you'd never know it). It opened in November, lots of tie-ins to O and other magazines. So with the JC Penney shakeup, they closed the site and are liquidating. The first couple of days there were some crazy deals, like the Zoku. Now it's mostly clothes, jewelry and knick in knacks left, and most of the screaming deals are done.

swissair81
03-07-2012, 08:46 AM
I didn't order anything. I'm not getting a medal or anything though. I've bought far too much mini boden lately. Darn 25% off code.

elephantmeg
03-07-2012, 08:49 AM
I ended up ordering the little miss sunshine/mr happy mugs. The kids LOVE tea and love the little miss/little mr books. And for me I got a set of mugs that say "keep calm and carry on". Very appropriate for work these days...

lchang25000
03-07-2012, 08:55 AM
I haven't even looked at that long thread!

KimMae
03-07-2012, 09:23 AM
The Prana yoga pants (the lolita are more compression) and long sleeved shirt (which is not themal but more burnout) are screaming deals. Fabulous - I'd pay the same for cheap stuff at Marshalls. The Hobo bag with the long chain is super cute and screaming deal - it is much cuter in person, very high quality. I got another tshirt that will be good for the gym for less than $10 (live with no regrets - runs small).

For me, I love the soapstone shotglasses that go in the freezer. I plan to serve cold soups in the summer as appetizers, maybe with shrimp over the top, or maybe bloody marys. I love the block of wood that you put your iphone/ipod on to make it look like a clock though this is $10 for a block of wood / ipod holder.

For gifts, I bought the yogurt maker, recycled glass necklace, raven lunatic tshirt, felt collage crossbody bag with flower on it. Nothing super special but I needed the gifts for this month.

Another screaming deal for art kids, the djeco design your own collection is much more other places. The quality of these kits are very high. Djeco is a french company and my daughter loves these kits.

The small money pods are very cute wallets for less than 10 and would make a nice gift especially with a gift card.

KpbS
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
I haven't bought anything either! I was feeling like the odd BBBer out! I kinda regret not getting a Zoku but don't know how much I would actually use it, kwim? Don't need anything else--trying not to buy too many gifts (non-kid gifts esp) in advance these days.

jse107
03-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Nothing here either. I briefly looked through everything and determined I didn't need anything.

TwinsItIs
03-07-2012, 11:28 AM
It's kind of a Red Envelope gift type site with lots name brands. JCPenney is the parent (although you'd never know it). It opened in November, lots of tie-ins to O and other magazines. So with the JC Penney shakeup, they closed the site and are liquidating. The first couple of days there were some crazy deals, like the Zoku. Now it's mostly clothes, jewelry and knick in knacks left, and most of the screaming deals are done.
Thanks for the explanation.

Where's the 50% off code?

Twoboos
03-07-2012, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the explanation.

Where's the 50% off code?

It's FebFamily, you enter it in the bottom left of your cart page.

Minnifer
03-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Nothing here either. I briefly looked through everything and determined I didn't need anything.

Hmmmm, what is this "need" thing of which you speak? :ROTFLMAO:

I've been relatively good but am probably about to place a 2nd order... nothing "gotta have," just some things that look cute and are reasonable...

Mommy_Mea
03-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I have loaded a lot of things into my cart over the past few weeks and then never pulled the trigger. Just nothing I really needed, or screaming enough of a deal for the gift closet.

mom2one
03-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Add my also to the short list. I really wanted to Zoku, but when that went OOS, I just walked away.

indigo99
03-07-2012, 01:55 PM
I bought several of the hooded towels for gifts. I think it was a good price, especially since you can add the names. That's about what I've paid for them at Kohls in the past, but I'm hoping that these are nicer quality.

ohiomom1121
03-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I held out a long time but ended up ordering 2 superhero shirts, 2 shirts and a skirt for DD (all $5 except for one that was $10) and some hooded towels. I got them yesterday and am thrilled with how nice everything is!

ett
03-07-2012, 02:01 PM
I've purchased a lot of stuff, but the majority are for teacher gifts and birthday/Christmas gifts. We have between 15 and 20 teachers to gift, so the savings add up. There are a few items going into the "gift closet" but most of the items I already know they are for. A lot of the prices are discounted already so after you take 50% off, it's about 75% off retail.

Binkandabee
03-07-2012, 03:08 PM
I've purchased a lot of stuff, but the majority are for teacher gifts and birthday/Christmas gifts. We have between 15 and 20 teachers to gift, so the savings add up. There are a few items going into the "gift closet" but most of the items I already know they are for. A lot of the prices are discounted already so after you take 50% off, it's about 75% off retail.

This is what I've done as well, except we don't have 15-20 teachers...just 3, who are all getting envirosax :). Everything I've ordered already has a recipient and it's already been input into my Christmas Gift tracking app on my phone. I don't want to forget I've made these purchases and then buy duplicate gifts that will negate my savings.

elbenn
03-07-2012, 03:24 PM
The turkish cotton robes are screaming deals. These are comparable quality to $80 robes sold elsewhere ($80 is also what they retailed for on GG). They are now $18, or $22 if monogrammed.

The ruffled towels are adorable. The quality of the towels is just medium--not super plush but not terribly thin either, but the adorable ruffle and vibrant colors make up for it. You can get a set of 4 bath, 4 hand, and 4 wash clothes for $32. These could be divided for gifts--so a set is $8.

The cupcake goody jar is surprisingly cute. It is pretty good sized and has a seal on it. It's $6.

The book t-shirt is great for book lovers. I bought it for a friend and she loved it. It's $5.

The pearhead canvas frames are fabulous for $6. These sell for over $18 on amazon. Each set comes with 4 canvases. For $1.50 apiece these would be adorable for an art birthday party where everyone could decorate their own picture, or for kids to paint pictures for grandparents gifts.

The spring street flower necklace (with grosgrain ribbon) is fantastic for $7.50.

scrooks
03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
I haven't even looked at that long thread!

:yeahthat: too intimidating!

crl
03-07-2012, 04:01 PM
I haven't even looked. And I'm not going to. Just bought a new stroller and the iPhone 4s. Do not need to spend any more money.

Catherine

citymama
03-07-2012, 04:57 PM
I haven't even looked. And I'm not going to. Just bought a new stroller and the iPhone 4s. Do not need to spend any more money.

Catherine

I just bought everyone in the family new shoes - and I need to buy me some birthday presents! ;) So I'm not looking either. Thanks Catherine. We'll stay strong.

HonoluluMom
03-07-2012, 06:07 PM
I haven't ordered anything. I looked at the site several times, but couldn't find anything that I need.

TwinsItIs
03-07-2012, 08:23 PM
It's FebFamily, you enter it in the bottom left of your cart page.

Thanks so much

TwinsItIs
03-07-2012, 08:26 PM
Does the code work on everything, including sale items?

Twoboos
03-07-2012, 08:28 PM

Yep. Welcome to the dark side. :icon_twisted:

pearcider
03-07-2012, 08:52 PM

Beware, even the non-sale items are heavily discounted. :thumbsup:

mum-to-be
03-07-2012, 09:05 PM
Ugh I know I am going to be trawling the site again as soon as the kids are in bed. So much for an early night...

TwinsItIs
03-08-2012, 12:37 AM
Yep. Welcome to the dark side. :icon_twisted:

Oh gosh! I didn't know how right you were. Just placed a large order because it's 'only' this 5 bucks and only 10. How often do they get new items in stock? Need to know how bad this new addiction is going to be.

anonomom
03-08-2012, 12:41 AM
Oh gosh! I didn't know how right you were. Just placed a large order because it's 'only' this 5 bucks and only 10. How often do they get new items in stock? Need to know how bad this new addiction is going to be.

You're in luck. Rumor has it that after tonight, they won't be accepting orders anymore. The site is going out of business.

skohng
03-08-2012, 01:02 AM
yep. finally decided to pull the trigger and added a few things in my cart. when i went to checkout, the website gives you a "closing for business" message.

mommybug
03-08-2012, 01:03 AM
They shut it down an hour early! wahhhhhh!

Vintagegirl
03-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Looks like it really happened as I'm getting the "we're closed..." on their site.

Choccie
03-08-2012, 01:05 AM
So frustrated - had lots of good stuff in my cart and was trying to check out when it closed! Wonder what they will do with all the merchandise left over?

Vintagegirl
03-08-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm guessing a big warehouse sale or maybe a liquidator will buy it?

nellonello
03-08-2012, 01:07 AM

I was entering payment when it went down:32:

pearcider
03-08-2012, 01:10 AM
Wow I had no idea they shut an hour early. Luckily I had a break in the afternoon to get a last day order in, but still. They could've sold so much more stuff within that last hour!

Ladybug47
03-08-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm a little worried that we don't have access to our account overviews anymore... Couldn't they have kept that part of the site up at least, so we could track our orders and see the status? This will make refunds a little more scary.

ett
03-08-2012, 01:37 AM
I'm a little worried that we don't have access to our account overviews anymore... Couldn't they have kept that part of the site up at least, so we could track our orders and see the status? This will make refunds a little more scary.

I know! They're going to have to deal with so many more phone calls and emails without the online account access.

TwinsItIs
03-08-2012, 02:33 AM
It must've been EST because I checked out after 11pm EST.

WatchingThemGrow
03-08-2012, 06:28 AM
I haven't ordered anything. I looked at the site several times, but couldn't find anything that I need.
:yeahthat: There wasn't anything on my must-have list, so I made it through an intense bargain thread empty handed. :yay:

SnuggleBuggles
03-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Responding only to the title of the thread.... I have bought nothing and there is nothing I need so I'm not going to look. If I look, I'll find things I "need". :)

PAfirsttimemom
03-08-2012, 09:47 AM
yep. finally decided to pull the trigger and added a few things in my cart. when i went to checkout, the website gives you a "closing for business" message.

I missed the deadline, too. I just didn't have the time or energy last night.... Oh well. Money in my wallet.