PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these sandals?

DrSally
03-06-2012, 10:45 PM
http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat220004&skuId=093797100&productId=71334&lotId=093797&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

I'm not a big payless shopper, b/c I think they're shoes often end of looking cheap and can be uncomfortable. But, they do carry a lot of shoes in Wide, which I need, and I'm always on the lookeout for wide shoes.

I also normally don't wear shoes w/jewel embellishment. I would be wearing these w/summer dresses

So, do these look cheap to you?

babybell
03-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Hard to tell online if jewels look cheap... the shoes look okay to me, for summer running around.

DrSally
03-06-2012, 11:15 PM
I actually saw them in person, and the jewels don't look cheap, I think, just large. I don't normally buy shoes w/jewels, so it's hard for me to tell, but they didn't look plasticky, if that helps.

SnuggleBuggles
03-06-2012, 11:19 PM
I'm anti dark sandal. I just think they don't flatter the look with skirts and summer dresses- they always just wind up looking clunky to me. So, that alone is a deal breaker. But, they aren't terrible.

DrSally
03-06-2012, 11:44 PM
I'm anti dark sandal. I just think they don't flatter the look with skirts and summer dresses- they always just wind up looking clunky to me. So, that alone is a deal breaker. But, they aren't terrible.

I'm thinking mostly to wear with other dark colors, like black and gray. I have no sandals to wear w/black or gray skirts and dresses.

So, what color sandals do you wear in the summer--nude/brown?

SnuggleBuggles
03-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Tan or a light metallic ( bronze, gold, pewter but really thin). I have brown sporty Merrels if I need comfort for lots of walking, otherwise I wear simple Banana Republic flip flops. Nothing that really draws much attention. :)

mjmamma
03-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Personally, I don't love that style of double strap T shoe and I think the black makes it look hard. Payless has some fun designer lines though. I have to say that I love tan shoes in general, whether it's boots or summer sandals. They're neutral and versatile.

sadie427
03-10-2012, 12:24 AM
They reminded me of some Sofft's I've seen and did a quick search:

http://www.6pm.com/sofft-spezia-black-patent-leather

6pm has some other ones too, and I think they come in wide. Might last longer than the Payless ones.