PDA

View Full Version : Best Jeans to hide muffin top

babyonway
03-07-2012, 12:27 PM
I want to take the plunge and buy some designer jeans and wanted to get your ladies advice. I have larger thighs so always need a roomier thigh in the jeans and am about about average height and weight (could stand to lose 10 pounds though). But I have a muffin top that I would like to hide :)

What jeans do you all recommend? As a BBBer I Love a bargain and really dont' wanna spend more than 200 dollars (if necessary). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Where I live we have a Macy's, Nordstroms, Nordstroms Rack, Dillards, etc.

TIA!

EllasMum
03-07-2012, 12:38 PM
This is an awesome blog - GIrl with Curves. Someone here mentioned it last week and I LOVE her style:

http://girlwithcurves.tumblr.com/

By coincidence, her blog post today is about denim!

DrSally
03-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Check The rack, you can get lots for $100 or even under. I like the Paige Hidden Hills. It's a lower midrise, with 2 buttons, no fancy design on pockets, $79at the Rack. The legs are kind of slim, but they have a nice bootcut. Other people here like joes provacoteur or Honey. I believe Seven makes a mid rise jean.

babyonway
03-07-2012, 11:20 PM
Thanks so much ladies, if anyone else has any recommendations I am all ears :)

Kindra178
03-07-2012, 11:27 PM
Seven Dojo, play around with Joe's styles, and AG Angel.

Katigre
03-07-2012, 11:28 PM
You should consider shapewear with the jeans to help with the muffintop - you can get pull-on corset like shapewear that is elastic but helps suck things in, along with control-top camisoles.

nfowife
03-08-2012, 12:18 AM
I would recommend Joes Muse or Visionaire. I have a pair of muse and they are higher rise than the Honey so hide muffin top more. I tried Paige hidden hills and they were too slim in the thigh for me and too big in the waist at the same time. I also love my David Kahn Lauren jeans (I think they aren't made anymore, but are on ebay frequently). They are slightly too low in the rise for me but fit me in the thigh perfectly so I just wear more "flowy" tops with them.

ditty
03-09-2012, 07:54 PM
I also recommend the Visionaire since they have a higher waist. Dojos are a great trouser leg, but can be a bit tight in the waist depending on what the blend in the denim. At least that's been my experience and I have probably 6 or 7 pairs of them. You can always go to Nordstrom and try on a bunch of stuff to see what you like best and then go to the Rack to see if you can find something in the same cut.

Good luck! :)

mjmamma
03-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Though not designer, I want to chime in and mention Gap Long and Lean while they're having a 40% F&F sale this weekend. I bought the dark wash trouser style and my belly tucks right in there :) Though I bought a pair of Joe's, I didn't have good luck with the new thin-stretch type of material in the premium styles.