PDA

View Full Version : need help with CL

siri
03-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi,
I posted an ad to rent my home on CL, but every time I search for it to confirm it is there, I can't find it. I have looked through all the homes posted and used keyword search for rent, # bedrooms, and even specific things I included in the title and it doesn't come up. However when I click on the link that CL sent me after I submitted the ad, it is there. Has anyone else had this problem? How do i fix it?

I emailed CL but they just sent me a generic link to their help guide. I don't have anything in the ad that would have triggered it to be deleted or taken down. I just don't get it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!!!!

katerinasmom
03-07-2012, 02:58 PM
How long has it been since you posted the ad? It sometimes takes over an hour for my ads to actually show up in the Craigslist posts.

BabyBearsMom
03-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Did you get the e-mail from CL when you posted the ad and followed the instructions for the final posting? I know I always forget to do that part.

baboki
03-07-2012, 04:09 PM
I've had the same problem, but the people seem to find it anyway, so I wouldn't worry.

siri
03-07-2012, 04:24 PM
I posted the ad two days ago. I did click on the link in the email they sent me to activate the ad. I just can't seem to find the darn thing regardless of how I try to search for it. I worry that people aren't able to see it because it is the only way I am advertising the rental of my home and if people can't see it, I will obviously won't be able to rent it.
Any other suggestions?

lalasmama
03-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Any chance that you have been "ghosted"? Have you ever posted anything and had it flagged? Occasionally, they will "ghost" posters who have been flagged in the past. Been there, done that! If you are ghosted, it will look like it's posted (ie, you can follow the link to the post from your email), but it will never really show up on CL. I've had it happen many times.

khm
03-07-2012, 06:24 PM
Can you try from a different computer, or at least a different browser?

If not, email some keywords to a friend or PM one of us and we'll look!

Melaine
03-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Hmmmm I've had this happen immediately after but like pp said it usually pops up within the hour.