PDA

View Full Version : Mamaroo Swing/Bouncer Discontinued at BRU & BBB??

alleycat
03-07-2012, 05:12 PM
A few months ago we saw the Mamaroo swing/bouncer at BuyBuyBaby. It looked really cool but was too expensive to consider. DH found one on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond last week, half off plus 20% off coupon. I figured it was a BuyBuyBaby or online return. The sales person hesitated in selling it to him, no idea why. Today he went to BuyBuyBaby to see what other models they had. There were no displays nor did they seem to carry this bouncer anymore. I don't know why he didn't ask a sales associate but I thought the wise mamas on this board might know. I searched online and Mamaroo isn't coming up on the BBB nor BRU sites. Is there a recall? Are these bouncers discontinued? Is it just BBB/BRU that's not carrying them? I see it's still on Amazon.

Is there a reason why I shouldn't keep this bouncer? I loved my FP papasan swing for my first two but I sold it. Or I can get a hand-me-down bouncer from a friend but no idea what kind it is. I thought for less than $90 it's nice and a really good deal.

veronica
03-07-2012, 05:31 PM
I'd keep it.

it's still up on the bru website in two colors!
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3739631
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3739632

alleycat
03-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks. I did a search and it didn't show up before, weird.

alleycat
03-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Weird, it didn't show up on the BRU website when I searched before. Thanks!

lizzywednesday
03-08-2012, 02:03 PM
My only complaint is that it's pretty loud while it's running and it's got a really short lifespan of usability. It may rate up to 20lbs, but the pod is pretty small, so I doubt a 20lb baby would fit into it anymore.

But the Mork-from-Ork look is just SO cool!

(I don't own it, my brother put it on the registry for his son. He was so in love with the idea but IIRC, my nephew hated it. Of course, my nephew had reflux so he didn't like a lot of things, so take it with a grain of salt.)

teo
03-08-2012, 06:11 PM
FWIW, we got one as a gift and our baby hated it too. He loves both our bouncer chair and our hand-me-down Fisher-Price swing, so go figure. However, for $90 if your baby hates it you can probably recoup most of that investment when you sell it, so not a huge risk---I think the people who got us ours spent close to $200 on it (which is a little nuts!) It does have a short lifespan, since you're not supposed to use it after the baby can sit, which for us is going to be well before our kiddo hits the 25-pound weight limit. Also, it irks me that the warranty is only six months for something so expensive, but...

flashy09
03-09-2012, 09:11 PM
I was so tempted, but everyone said their babies hated it. So I went with a real swing and a separate bouncer. She loves both and they each serve their purpose.

elismummy
04-04-2012, 11:58 AM
we got one for our last baby and she hated it too. . . what a huge waste of money. . . :( but for that price, it is probably worth a shot!