PDA

View Full Version : Longer Basic T-Shirts and Spring/Summer Tops

jenmcadams
03-08-2012, 03:35 PM
I typically buy my basic T's at Target or Lands End ... pretty boring I know ... but the quality of Target is so hit or miss and all of my lands end Ts seem short. I'm looking for some good basic T's that aren't too fitted (I have a pretty bad diastisis and still have a mummy tummy 6+ years out from the last kid), but also don't look like I'm wearing my Mom's clothes. I wear a 6-8 in pants and normally a M on tops. But, if the tops are too fitted, I ended up looking 2 months pregnant, so I have a tendency to grab the size L (at least at Target) shirts which are too big everywhere besides the tummy.

I'm a SAHM and need to up the fashion quotient in my wardrobe generally, so also interested in other basic tops that could be worn with jeans, capris, T's in the summer. My budget is more in the Target/Lands End/Ann Taylor Loft world, but I also splurge at Nordstrom for better quality stuff.

Any recommendations?

crl
03-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Hmm. I have t-shirts from LE, LE Canvas, Nordstrom's Caslon brand, Gap and ON. I am 5'7" and 135ish pounds. I have mediums in all of those brands. The ON are the longest, but also the skinniest. The LE and the Gap are exactly the same length (I just held them up to each other to check). The Caslon is next and the LE Canvas are the shortest.

The Gap and ON are the thickest. But one of the Gap shirts has already developed a tiny hole at the shoulder seam. I have had it for six months or so I thnk and actually have not worn it a ton so I am disappointed about that. The LE shirts are a bit thin and the white is a bit too sheer for my taste. The LE blacks fade terribly IMO. But for colors, I like the LE ones just fine, especially given the price (I got mine off the overstock page with a percentage off code and free shipping).

I am surprised the LE ones are too short for you. Sorry I can't be more help!

Catherine

Babymakes3
03-10-2012, 09:34 PM
I LOVE J Crews tees and if you have an outlet nearby or even browsing their sales you can pick them up for a pretty reasonable price. I just bought a couple tee's from Gap that are really cute and fit well, one is a henley style and the other is a v-neck with a little pocket. For whatever reason Old Navy's tees never fit me quite right.