PDA

View Full Version : Interesting - there's a Boden office somewhere in Boston

Twoboos
03-08-2012, 10:47 PM
I just made a Boden purchase, and during checkout it said sales tax will be added in PA and MA. Since we are only charged tax if there's a physical presence here, I was gearing up for a road trip tomorrow to find me some Boden!!

I had to call CS anyway and asked about it. They said they have an office here in Boston. This explains why they had the big sale at the Convention Center, since I thought those were always in PA!

I'd love to find that... and work there... and get paid in clothes and shoes and bags...

ETA: They are recruiting. I used to do a lot of this stuff for my old-old job, including travel to the UK. For one fleeting moment, I thought, "I could do this!!"
http://mms.nemoa.org/classifieds/moreinfo.php?cid=3217205

mariza
03-08-2012, 11:19 PM
But we don't pay tax on clothes in MA. I'm confused as to why you would be charged tax. Maybe on accessories?

Twoboos
03-08-2012, 11:23 PM
It would just be on accessories/bags and not clothes, but the warning was still there.

Other sites do that, too, but I can't remember who right now. I think it might be Nordies - they calculate tax and then don't charge it on the clothes when they charge your card. Stupid.

DrSally
03-08-2012, 11:27 PM
You could totally do that! Then we would have someone "in the know", hehe

Globetrotter
03-09-2012, 01:00 AM
ETA: They are recruiting. I used to do a lot of this stuff for my old-old job, including travel to the UK. For one fleeting moment, I thought, "I could do this!!"
http://mms.nemoa.org/classifieds/mor...hp?cid=3217205

Well, I insist that you take this job so we have the insider scoop - you can sell them on your enthusiasm for their product :loveeyes:

anamika
03-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Did anyone go to the sale at the Convention center? I wanted to go but my friend dropped out so I chickened too.
Was it awesome? Would love to go next time.

Well, if you worked for Boden, you could become rich on commission alone for the sales through BBB!!

Mom Magic
03-10-2012, 08:27 PM
I went to the Boden warehouse sale at the Hynes in Boston--it was crazy! I arrived right about 10, when it started, and there were hundreds of people in line. I got inside about 11:10 and almost everything had been claimed by people. Everyone had massive piles around the perimeter of the room and they were trying things on and then making discard piles. I kept walking around searching through all the discard piles like a scavenger! I did get some good deals, but it took a lot of work! About 60% of the stuff was from the most recent fall-winter collection and the rest was from last summer, with a few random older items. There was very little kids stuff left by the time I got in--it was mostly womens. These are womens' prices: All sweaters were $20, all Cashmere sweaters were $30, all skirts were I think $25, all shoes were $30, I think dresses were $30 or $35. I saw people with garbage bags filled with clothes, so there were people clearly buying to resell. I got a pair of shoes, 2 cashmere sweaters, 3 regular sweaters, and 2 skirts for about $200.

I saw a recent posting on the Boden Facebook page that there is another Boston Warehouse sale scheduled for August:

"The next two warehouse sales are as follows: April 14th from 10-4, at Greater Philadelphia Expo Center
Hall C, 100 Station Avenue, Oaks, PA 19456

August 17th from 10-4 at John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, 900 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02115 We are also planning a sale in Pittson although the date has not been confirmed."

It was definitely an adventure!

--Andie

anamika
03-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Oh thanks so much for the report, Andie.
Great deals - hope you are loving everything!
Actually, I was mostly thinking of buying the women's stuff. DD does not feel the Boden love like I do (gasp!!). She's into HA and Gymboree though - the Boden stuff never gets picked.
thanks for the info on the August sale - will try to talk my friends into going.

elizabethkott
03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Hm... That's the week we are likely on the Cape... I may have to talk my SIL into a small field trip...