PDA

View Full Version : The Happy Thread!

Jacksmommy2b
03-08-2012, 10:51 PM
I know there are a few threads that might be a little tense, so I thought we could use a happy thread!

What is making you happy today?

Mine are:

J finally found some buddies in the neighborhood!

We bought these really awesome toilet seats that have kids seats built into the lids. They are so freaking cool!

S walks around belting out "all by myself" when he is proud of himself. It *kills* me!

icunurse
03-08-2012, 10:59 PM
DH was just offered a new job with wonderful benefits (especially compared to his current job). He will be home more, the commute will be easier, life will be good :)

Jacksmommy2b
03-08-2012, 11:02 PM
DH was just offered a new job with wonderful benefits (especially compared to his current job). He will be home more, the commute will be easier, life will be good :)

:yay:

That is fantastic! Congrats!

Kymberley
03-08-2012, 11:04 PM
We bought these really awesome toilet seats that have kids seats built into the lids. They are so freaking cool!

Where did you get yours? I found some at Walmart, and I've been contemplating them...

Mine... We're all healthy, DH has been in Recovery for over a year, and DS is talking in complete and complex sentences. :D

elektra
03-08-2012, 11:09 PM
I had a great weekend in santa barbara with my family. The weather was absolutely perfect- felt like summer. And then Monday night i ate at the best restaurant with my coworkers after DH and the kids went back home- Hungry Cat. It was delicious and they had an amazing special cocktail. I went back the next night for more!

lalasmama
03-08-2012, 11:22 PM
GREAT idea for a thread!

Random happiness today:

Two new babies at work today. And both so cute!

The second or third bite of my 5-layer burrito. Mmmm... greasy beef, nacho cheese, shredded cheese, and sour cream. A heart attack gift wrapped in a tortilla. LOL

The sun! Our first 65ยบ day in (a usually rainy) Oregon.

DD's nanny watching DD tomorrow.... for the price of DD's outgrown clothes. Score!

Hearing "No fair!" when a friend @ work heard where I was on Leap Day. (I was partying away at Disneyland. Sounds MUCH more glamorous that it was!)

I'm cleaning my room. (That's happy, because I'm cleaning it so I can put together the crib!)

Fresh, brand new bedding on my bed tonight.

DD's ADHD medicine working so well!

wendmatt
03-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm going to Florida tomorrow to Disney and Potter and swimming with the dolphins and my mum and sister are flying in from England to meet us.....we are super excited

Twoboos
03-08-2012, 11:26 PM
70 degree day here in MA today!! :cheerleader1:

We may have sold our house - I won't be totally relieved until it's registered and the money has been transfered to pay of the mortgage and we get the rest in our bank acct. We have to hang in there for 3 more weeks and pray nothing goes wrong, but I am VERY hopeful and happy about it!! :yay:

niccig
03-08-2012, 11:28 PM

Same here, a company came back with a written job off. But the commute will be longer and he'll work longer hours.

But, it's a step up the career ladder with longer term career path, he gets out of his awful work environment, he'll earn at least as much with good chance of more, and he's so excited about it. And they're giving him a 2 yr contract. So Im :cheerleader1: even though figuring out logistics with more work hours won't be fun for us as a family. But we'll figure it out.

indigo99
03-08-2012, 11:28 PM
DS2 is only waking once during the night now, and I'm getting more sleep than I've had since my second trimester of pregnancy. FINALLY!

BDKmom
03-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Prenatal massage. Heavenly!

c&j04
03-08-2012, 11:36 PM
We are just a few days away from living near my family!:cheerleader1:

Four moves in less than 2.5 years......I'm ready!!!!

Uno-Mom
03-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Where did you get yours? I found some at Walmart, and I've been contemplating them...

I'm not the OP but we got our's at Lowe's. It's great! (about $45)

I'm happy that I'm taking next monday off to belatedly celebrate my birthday (it was yesterday) and I successfully scheduled a salon haircut AND a massage!!! With time for lunch out in between. :D

These are all rare treats in my tight-budget world.

indigo99
03-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Thought of another one... Without really trying, I've now lost 56lb from my lifetime high (right before giving birth so part of that was ACTUAL baby weight). Fifteen more and I'll be down to my wedding weight. I plan on breastfeeding several more months so... I'm hopeful.

KLD313
03-08-2012, 11:46 PM
My 17 mo old is working on a shapes puzzle for the first time and every time she puts a piece in correctly she claps then looks at us so we can clap too. So cute!

My dog is doing so much better after her surgery yesterday.

Uno-Mom
03-08-2012, 11:52 PM
My 17 mo old is working on a shapes puzzle for the first time and every time she puts a piece in correctly she claps then looks at us so we can clap too. So cute!
I love it. She's got you trained already!!! :bighand:

vludmilla
03-08-2012, 11:54 PM
I passed my dissertation with no revisions yesterday and today I brought it to the library for binding, etcetera. It feels pretty good to be done.

Jacksmommy2b
03-08-2012, 11:58 PM

Mine... We're all healthy, DH has been in Recovery for over a year, and DS is talking in complete and complex sentences. :D

http://www.lowes.com/pd_89230-20602-4732-47_4294801328_4294937087_?productId=3296846&Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_qty_sale s_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl_Toilet%2BSeats_4294801328_4294937 087_%3Fpage%3D5%26Ns%3Dp_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr%7 C0%7C%7Cp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1&facetInfo=

Ours are round and white, but they don't offer the round white ones online.

Worth every penny to not have to deal with the removable ones that slide and shift!

m448
03-09-2012, 12:04 AM
I finally decided to continue building my community of friends. So instead of wishing we could get together more often I took the bull by the horns and have been orchestrating moms' night ins with close friends on random nights and heading out on the weekends with my sis or a friend.

Also, the house is at the rare point around here where EVERY room is clean at the same time. I worked my butt off today and I'm sore but for a few hours tonight the house is clean! :cheerleader1:

pomegranate
03-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Great thread! A very tiring day, but we're going on a weekend trip to Monterey tomorrow! It's been a while since we had a family weekend trip so I'm very excited.

StantonHyde
03-09-2012, 12:07 AM
I just got back from a vacation to Hawaii--the first time I have ever been there. It took 12 hours from the plane push off here to getting the kids into the house there. And they were so good that I gave them each $15 to spend at the farmers market the next day!! DS turned out to be a snorkel natural--we could not get him out of the water! (he is not athletic at all so the idea that he would love swimming so much is great!) Both kids LOVED the ocean and the waves--last time I took them it was 4 years ago and they were scared. They only had one melt down the entire trip--and we were all tired by then! They were flexible and got with the program. I wouldn't say it was relaxing but it was the first "non-stressful" non constantly managed vacation I have had with kids!!!

Mopey
03-09-2012, 12:08 AM
It was a beautiful day! Hung out with my mom and did laundry. Just put the bouncy chair together. Now I'm going to snuggle to sleep with my hubby because I am feeling suuuuuuuuuuuuper preggers. Trying not to let the waiting get to me :)

elizabethkott
03-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Stevie: mama... (hugs me, sighs) love.
I love those moments. :)

JustMe
03-09-2012, 12:29 AM
This happened a few days ago, but made me feel so good that I just have to share. The dcs and I were just finishing up dinner, and I said "I am so tired tonight; I wish I didn't have to do dishes" (no dishwasher which usually doesnt bother me, but I was especially tired). Dd says--we will do dishes for you--you go rest on the couch. Come one--brother's name--mommy is tired, so we will help her. Then they proceeded to share the task of doing dishes without fighting about anything.

FWIW, they do have chores, but dishes are not a part of their chores..What I love is that I did not even ask. They just wanted to help out their tired mama:love5:

mackmama
03-09-2012, 12:31 AM
My best moment today was playing in a pile of freshly clean laundry with my laughing DC. DC has a cold and has been feeling crummy, and it made me so happy to see DC feeling a little better.

crl
03-09-2012, 12:56 AM
Knock on wood, everyone is healthy! After two solid months of someone sick all the time, culminating in dd, age 21 months, with pneumonia and us at the ER having her oxygen levels monitored, everyone being healthy makes me very, very happy!

I got the handle extensions to my stroller today and I managed to install them all by myself. It was not a complicated thing, but I am very bad at assembly and very bad at troubleshooting, but I manged to do this even when one of them didn't go in smoothly. And I didn't swear even once!

It was gorgeous this afternoon.

Catherine

crl
03-09-2012, 12:57 AM
This happened a few days ago, but made me feel so good that I just have to share. The dcs and I were just finishing up dinner, and I said "I am so tired tonight; I wish I didn't have to do dishes" (no dishwasher which usually doesnt bother me, but I was especially tired). Dd says--we will do dishes for you--you go rest on the couch. Come one--brother's name--mommy is tired, so we will help her. Then they proceeded to share the task of doing dishes without fighting about anything.

FWIW, they do have chores, but dishes are not a part of their chores..What I love is that I did not even ask. They just wanted to help out their tired mama:love5:

That is unbelievably sweet. :heartbeat:

Catherine

niccig
03-09-2012, 01:09 AM
I passed my dissertation with no revisions yesterday and today I brought it to the library for binding, etcetera. It feels pretty good to be done.

:cheerleader1:Woo Hoo :cheerleader1:

What are you doing with all the time you used to either be stressing on the dissertation or writing the dissertation????

mjs64
03-09-2012, 04:55 AM

Yay! Wow! Congrats! You inspire me!

amandabea
03-09-2012, 06:52 AM
It's official...we are moving back to CA this Spring!!!!:yay: It's going to be a costly move and we don't know how we will cover all of it, but we figure we're still ahead of the curve.

melrose7
03-09-2012, 09:01 AM
I have 2 bottles of strawberry infused vodka in my pantry getting ready for a day out for St. Patrick's day. I haven't been out with DH and friends in a couple years. Hope no kids get sick next weekend.

crl
03-09-2012, 09:12 AM
It's official...we are moving back to CA this Spring!!!!:yay: It's going to be a costly move and we don't know how we will cover all of it, but we figure we're still ahead of the curve.

Welcome home. :waving4:

Catherine

marymoo86
03-09-2012, 09:27 AM
Toddler giggles from a round of tickling!

Mommy_Mea
03-09-2012, 09:37 AM
I am happy that I got a great date night with DH last night! We don't get out nearly enough, and had a fun time at dinner and a concert. Thank goodness for my BFF, she is great with the kids and so happy to babysit. Exhausted this morning, but so worth it.

anonomom
03-09-2012, 09:53 AM
I wish this thread had a "Like" button! Yay for thoughtful kids, new jobs, finished dissertations, pending moves, home sales and sunny skies!

missym
03-09-2012, 10:02 AM
My big girl turned 9 this week! :heartbeat: She's growing up so fast. We gave her an aquarium on her birthday, and she was so excited to pick out her fish at the pet store last night. Their names are Stripe, Pinky and Flash. ;)

lowrioh
03-09-2012, 10:03 AM
Where did you get yours?

We also got ours at Lowes but they also sell them on Amazon. I really like them a lot!

CONGRATS! That is one of the best feelings in the world. I remember handing in my dissertation. I was practically giddy at the Library.

I also decided to try to meet a larger group of moms in the neighborhood and went to Bunco last night which was a ton of fun. I recently had a close friendship fall apart and I've been feeling pretty bad about it.
And I'm seeing a very good friend from Grad school for the first time in a year tonight.

Mopey
03-09-2012, 10:33 AM
I wish this thread had a "Like" button! Yay for thoughtful kids, new jobs, finished dissertations, pending moves, home sales and sunny skies!

Cheers to that!! And here's hoping everyone finds something great about their days today :)

PS - I'm hoping the doc says something's starting to happen at my check up later this morning! Come on baby!

hellokitty
03-09-2012, 10:34 AM
TGIF- I'm so glad that wknd is almost here.

I'm making pad thai tonight for dinner, YUM!

So glad that whole GG thing is over. I waited for 3 wks for an order that was apparently never going to arrive, just found out about it yesterday and got a refund to my cc. I guess I can now move on with life, lol.

I'm getting back on the wagon with my workouts and feeling good about it.

SkyrMommy
03-09-2012, 10:38 AM
I woke up this morning to DD crawling into bed with us. She whispered "Mama", pointed out the window and said "it's soooooo beautiful out mama, pink, purple, blue... ooooooooooooo" and then snuggled her arms around me. :heartbeat: Totally made my heart melt!

peanut520
03-09-2012, 11:40 AM
treated myself to a starbucks vanilla latte and morning bun! so yummy!

MamaMolly
03-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I GOT A BABYSITTER.

Yes, you read that right, I have a babysitter. We moved here 6 months ago and have not had one single evening out alone since then.

I'm insanely excited!!!!!!

I also signed Dolly up for a Gym class yesterday and it did my heart so much good to watch her have so much fun playing at the preview class we took.

There was parent participation at Lula's Fun Day (like field day) at school today and I jumped right in. I met three other really nice mamas, one of which is the mom of Lula's BFF.

You know what that means Y'all? I might have friends IRL :eek:
Not that they'll ever take the place of my BBB buds ;)

dec756
03-09-2012, 12:24 PM
Has anyone tried karate with a toddler? I feel like I read about it somewhere and there are definitely multiple locations in my area. My 27 month old is aggressive and needs an outlet without a doubt esp. considering our current family issues. What do ya think?

dec756
03-09-2012, 12:35 PM
oops i meant to start a new thread. sorry!

dec756
03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
i am happy about moving forward and not regretting the past!

BabyBearsMom
03-09-2012, 12:55 PM
I have been ridiculously happy lately.

1) I'm really happy that all of my daycare drama has been worked out
2) I'm thrilled with my new OB who is not pushing me to do a C at 39 weeks
3) I'm feeling really confident in my decision to try for a VBAC (after months of feeling apprehensive about it)
4) I am finally over my stress and fear about how the new baby will impact DD1 and have just accepted that she will adapt
5) Spring weather is starting right now and that always puts me in a better mood, since i detest winter (although we have had a snowless winter so far, knock on wood, and I am really relieved about that)
6) It's Friday!

lizzywednesday
03-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Not only is it Friday, but the sun is shining.

This is a great treat as it's also DD's 2nd birthday. We're going to get ice cream and cake later today, after we get her new shoes.

hillview
03-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Kids slept til 6 am (granted DS2 came into my bed at 2 am but hey we all slept!)
I did a really hard bootcamp workout
I survived a week with no DH
Bonuses posted today and it was good news for me!
I lost another 2 lbs this week (well re-lost them!)

crl
03-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Not only is it Friday, but the sun is shining.

This is a great treat as it's also DD's 2nd birthday. We're going to get ice cream and cake later today, after we get her new shoes.

Happy birthday to your daughter!

MamaMolly, woohoo on a babysitter and irl connections!

Catherine

Cam&Clay
03-09-2012, 02:14 PM
DH comes home 6 weeks from today! :applause:

I went to Let's Dish and made 8 meals for us and had coffee with a good friend.

indigo99
03-09-2012, 05:22 PM
TGIF-
I'm making pad thai tonight for dinner, YUM!

We have pad thai planned too! DS won't eat a lot of different things, but he loves pad thai.

DrSally
03-09-2012, 05:27 PM

Congrats! No revisions, pretty impressive.

anamika
03-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Congrats! No revisions, pretty impressive.

:yeahthat:

Best winter evah!! :jammin: 'nuff said!
And it is Friday!!

maestramommy
03-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Well it's Friday, so TGIF!:tongue5:

Dora is finally riding a two wheeler unassisted, as of yesterday. So thank the Lord for unseasonably beautiful weather. She got to practice some more today, even though it's quite a bit colder.

The kids and Shep have been playing outside after school for a significant chunk of time the last two days, and it's doing us all a world of good. Even though spring may be a ways off, right now it feels like it's around the corner!