PDA

View Full Version : California Pizza Kitchen bday party?

MommyofAmaya
03-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Has anybody ever been to one? It is really cheap, ie. $10 per kid including make your own pizza and make your own sundaes and a behind the scenes restaurant tour. I don't even think there is a required minimum number of kids.

I found this blog post which made me even more intrigued:
http://totalcitygirl.com/blog/2011/04/birthday-party-california-pizza-kitchen.html

AnnieW625
03-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Never heard of that, but I wish you would have posted about this even a week ago before I sent out invites for DD1's party because DD1 has decided she wanted a make your own pizza bar. I decided that we'll still do that, but we will be using English muffins instead. Maybe next year!

bigsis
03-08-2012, 11:57 PM
My DD did this for a field trip. CPK is walking distance from her school. All the kids had a blast!

vludmilla
03-09-2012, 12:02 AM
We went to one and it seemed really nice. DD loved it. The parents ordered a little food for the adults and that was nice and I think it didn't cost much to add on to the party.

pomegranate
03-09-2012, 12:08 AM
That's a great idea! Never knew. Do you know if there's a min age for the kids?

MommyofAmaya
03-10-2012, 12:32 PM
That's a great idea! Never knew. Do you know if there's a min age for the kids?

I think the website recommended ages 4 and over.

Thanks for the comments. We might do this for DD. She wasn't supposed to have a "party" since we will be celebrating both kid's bdays at Disneyland this summer, but this works out to cheaper than taking a few kids out to lunch.

egoldber
03-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Older DD did this for her 9th birthday. It was a great party!!! The kids loved the tour of the kitchen.

I think that ages 6+ would be better.

ilfaith
03-10-2012, 01:14 PM
My s-i-l did a CPK party for my niece's fifth birthday. I wasn't there but she said everyone had a good time. She lives in NYC and found it to be one of the least expensive options for a party.