PDA

View Full Version : Fess up! How much did you spend at GG? (gross and net)

kali
03-09-2012, 05:48 AM
I spent close to $700 and returned about $250 worth.

Some of my favorites

Timbuk2 messenger bag
Flowering Colander & Bowl Set
Revolutionary Tummy Control Leggings
Bamboo Chic Lite Wrap
Echo Touch gloves
Keep Safe Ring Holder Necklace
Vintage Inspired Crystal Magnifying Glass Necklace
GorillaPod magnetic tripod
iPig iPod docking station

TwinFoxes
03-09-2012, 07:54 AM
I spent $86. A Timbuk2 carry on rolling bag - $56 (retailing for $225) and the Zoku kit for $30. There was honestly nothing else that interested me. Except for maybe the iPig. :)

beth239
03-09-2012, 07:59 AM
I spent $450 and I am keeping it all. I have so many great gifts.

hellokitty
03-09-2012, 08:29 AM
$114 on order #2. My $104 order from 2/15 just got refunded back yesterday when I found out that they sent me a shipping notice instead of a cancellation notice. I'm upset that I did not find out that they had been giving me bad info. Or else I would have reordered what I could have before they shut down. I really wanted those big mugs.

anonomom
03-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Eek! More than I thought. $410 gross, $315 net. Lots of it was stuff I'd have bought anyway (sunglasses, Zokus, art kits for the kids), some was stuff I really wanted but would never have bought full price (sophie, piggie paints). But there's about $75 in stuff I didn't need or know I wanted until I saw it on GG.

logan's mom
03-09-2012, 09:49 AM
So far...nothing...my credit card has yet to be charged for the order I rec'd a week ago. It's about $40 worth of stuff.

I take that back....it just posted $45.92.

KpbS
03-09-2012, 10:16 AM
$0 dollars. But I wish I had bit the bullet for a Zoku on day 1. Oh well!

PAfirsttimemom
03-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Zero dollars here, too, but I thought about spending a lot. :-) I have some regret, as I really wanted to buy a few things for gifts. Just never got around to pulling the trigger.

swissair81
03-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Zero dollars here.

lisa928
03-09-2012, 10:32 AM
About $120 across two orders I paid for but recieved multiple duplicate orders that I did not pay for. And.... the duplicat orders were bigger as they contained the hot items that we OOS when they told me to reoder.

Multimama
03-09-2012, 10:32 AM
$0 dollars. But I wish I had bit the bullet for a Zoku on day 1. Oh well!

Even if you had you might not have one! I don't.

hellokitty
03-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Even if you had you might not have one! I don't.

Yeah, I guess it didn't make sense to put in an order early on. :rolleye0014: It still baffles me that ppl who ordered later got everything they wanted, but many of us who ordered early got screwed.

twowhat?
03-09-2012, 10:55 AM
I ordered about $50 on the last day. I don't expect to get any of it after reading through the GG threads. So I will be very happy if I do end up getting the stuff!

nellonello
03-09-2012, 10:55 AM
801.38 spent
I should get 106.99 back in returns

BabyDahl
03-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Um, about $605 :bag with $115 pending in returns and non-delivered items... but I'm still waiting on 2 orders that may (hopefully) have returns.

corrie23
03-09-2012, 11:08 AM
A trazillion and fourteen dollars, but that was mostly thanks to them sending me about 6 variations of the same order from when they said that "insufficient inventory" meant that nothing in your order would ship so I kept re-entering the order with fewer and fewer items until it finally said "in fulfillment" and then in the end they sent every order anyway. I sent back 7 orders the other day and am awaiting refunds. I also had another order that I was charged in full for even though the shipping slip was missing 5 items so I've called for a refund on that. Then I placed another 3 orders on the last day and I'm not sure what will ship or what I'll end up returning (there was a glitch during the final stage of checkout and the quantities jumped to multiples on sever items right as I had to confirm the order. I was scared if I fixed my cart and checked through again things would go OOS so I just rolled with it).

In short, I'm trying very hard NOT to add up all that was charged to my card because the number is huge. I'm reminding myself that MOST of it was duplicates that are being returned.

MSWR0319
03-09-2012, 11:10 AM
$45. But I had a cart full sitting and am kicking myself for letting a few of the things go.

wifecat
03-09-2012, 11:45 AM
I spent $131.70, but I'm returning a couple of things still (about $20.50).

I got an ipig (LOVE LOVE LOVE), a heart rate monitor, Sophie, a sweater, 2 Sleepy Princess games, 2 Tickle Monster kits, a Fancy Nancy book/pj set, and am returning the bird tote and the wooden crayons)

I spent 16.82 at cladmen, too (for 3 prs underwear for dh).

Honestly, I don't have a plan for the Sophie and one of the Tickle kits, but I'll stick them in the (kinda overflowing) gift closet. Now I just need to remember to actually SHOP my own gift closet!

AuGoldie
03-09-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm proud of myself, only spent $58.00 and it was all $5 items to give away as presents to people I would normally spend $20.00 on. There was only 1 RAJ shawl I didn't like but I'm keeping it to give to an elderly person at church.

captobey
03-09-2012, 12:23 PM
I think that I'll end up around $200 after returns since I'm highly skeptical that I'll get my order placed on the last day. Almost everything that I bought is gifts and includes about $50 in teacher gifts that I bought as room
Mom and is covered by the class gift fund.

anonomom
03-09-2012, 12:36 PM
I think that I'll end up around $200 after returns since I'm highly skeptical that I'll get my order placed on the last day. Almost everything that I bought is gifts and includes about $50 in teacher gifts that I bought as room
Mom and is covered by the class gift fund.

FWIW, I placed an order the last day, and have actually received a shipping notice. It's being delivered on Monday. Still not holding my breath that I'll get everything in unbroken condition, but a girl can hope.

fasthdgirl
03-09-2012, 12:46 PM
I had 2 orders that we placed on the last day that are both enroute. Fingers crossed that everything shows up ok. Also I just got my Zoku replacement :D

smiles33
03-09-2012, 01:01 PM
My fancy spreadsheet is on my laptop at home but I think a little under $700. I only sent back about $20 worth of items, as I REALLY loved almost everything! What a fantastic sale.

indigo99
03-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Spent about $210 on two orders. My second one came a few days ago, and I'm sending back about $20 from it.

My first order hasn't shipped yet. It was mostly the same things (hooded towels) plus the lodis phone case and knorks so I guess one or the other of those is holding it up. I hope that the phone case comes, but I'm not sure if I'd keep the knorks anyway.

Babymakes3
03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
My total was like $63, my first order after an item refund, price adjustment and shipping refund was like $9! Unfortunately none of it was for a gift. :bag

Multimama
03-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah, I guess it didn't make sense to put in an order early on. :rolleye0014: It still baffles me that ppl who ordered later got everything they wanted, but many of us who ordered early got screwed.

I just called GG about my package that was supposedly shipped on 2/29 without tracking info and it never arrived and she wouldn't give me a refund! She said she'll have someone call me back within 24-48 hours "with the tracking information." Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

If they are not going to give me my Zoku they better give me my refund!!

Twoboos
03-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Three orders, total $356 (so $712 before discount).

I still need several credits on items that didn't ship, and returns, so probably somewhere around $50-75 less, depending on what doesn't shop from order #3. ;)

AnnieW625
03-09-2012, 05:07 PM
another zero order person here too, I wish I would have had insomnia the night this sale started because I would have loved a Zoku set. It was sold out by the time I logged on for the first time to this site the next morning.

StantonHyde
03-09-2012, 05:56 PM
ok, I'm out of the loop--what is GG?? Because the stuff you all are posting sounds awesome!

Choccie
03-09-2012, 06:10 PM
I've not really wanted to think about it... probably somewhere in the $800 range. Eeek! I thought I would send most of it back but I love just about everything. There were some broken items, 2 items missing, and a couple of L/XL barefoot wraps that I'll probably send back...so maybe I'll net out closer to $650. My gift closet is full of gifts (pancake sets, tote bags, conversation cubes) for teacher day/office birthdays, and I'm loving the stuff I bought that I had no idea I *needed*...lol. Like the Dwell pillows (adore) and the cuddly wolf with red riding hood (really amazingly cute and great for my DD to chew on and play with).

For those of you missing shipments from the very early days, don't give up hope! I had a surprise cancelled order show up yesterday - I was out of my mind with joy to get a couple of things I thought were long gone (Sophie, Forte Tea, etc). I did not get a shipping notice and the order showed as cancelled on the GG site (I had phoned in, C/S cancelled and entered a new order without the OOS items). I need to check my credit card to see if i got charged for both orders...

citymama
03-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Zero dollars.

But what's an iPig???

corrie23
03-09-2012, 06:43 PM
another zero order person here too, I wish I would have had insomnia the night this sale started because I would have loved a Zoku set. It was sold out by the time I logged on for the first time to this site the next morning.

LOL I did have insomnia the night that it was posted. I had spent the afternoon and evening in the ER with DD#2 who suddenly spiked a fever of 105 (she apparently had pneumonia). We came home and she fell asleep on my lap on the couch so I plugged in the laptop and voila, was up half the night with a sick girl and great bargains (although I ordered 2 Zokus at close to midnight that night and they never shipped).

I figure that all of the deals that I got were some karmic way of offsetting the $1200 ER bill.

geophne
03-09-2012, 07:35 PM
I spent about $300 across 3 orders, one of which was placed on the last day so I haven't received it yet. I have about $25 in returns, but was really pleased with most of the things I got. Most of it will be gifts, so I feel good that I got some bargains and have a few less gifts to stress about in the future!

hellokitty
03-09-2012, 07:44 PM
I just called GG about my package that was supposedly shipped on 2/29 without tracking info and it never arrived and she wouldn't give me a refund! She said she'll have someone call me back within 24-48 hours "with the tracking information." Yeah, I'm not holding my breath.

If they are not going to give me my Zoku they better give me my refund!!

What??? I think that your CSR person is misinformed. I would call back again and speak with a different one. This is what I hate, they are so damn inconsistent. One person tells you one thing, another person tells you something completely different. Who is in charge? Bugs Bunny? Even the pony express would have had it delivered to you by now, UPS doesn't take over a wk to deliver! If the next person you call refuses to give you a refund, I would just call your cc and tell them to cancel the charge. Oh and they NEVER call you back. They were supposed to call me back with a tracking number the second time I had called. If they would have called me back and told me that they cancelled my order, instead of shipping it, I wouldn't be here b*tching about them right now, since I would have had a chance to put in an order before they closed. It just sucks that ppl had such completely different experiences with this company. Some of us really got screwed and some ppl got all of those extra pkgs and didn't even get charged, but the those of us who were never going to get pkgs got charged? It's so screwed up!

mypa
03-09-2012, 08:21 PM
My packages takes a good 5 days to reach me but if it was shipped on 2/29 it should have reached you by now. I just called CS and got refunds for all the items that were "missing" or broken, couple of them I had called a week earlier but never got the refund email or CC credit so she had to process all that again w/ the supervisor. I immediately got the refund emails this time.

As PP suggested, call again.

mypa
03-09-2012, 08:25 PM
I have no idea how much I spent as I am still waiting on some orders/doing returns but I'm sure it's over $500. I think I've returned/will return about 1/3 of what I bought. It was fun trying things out w/ the free return shipping. I still wish I could re-order some of my missing items that's still in stock, I pleaded but got a curt NO.

sewarsh
03-09-2012, 10:35 PM
After duplicates and returns I've spent about $700. I'm really happy with most of my purchases.

Highlights:
- About 8 necklaces for me
- About 5 clutches for me (2 Hobo)
- Praha tank & couple organic tshirts for me
- Magnetic collar stays for DH
- Set of Victoronox steak knives
- Set of Victornox knives with block
- Ipig (for DD)
- Zoku
- 6 Sprout mouse caddies (for teacher gifts)
- 4 Bamboo wraps (2 for me and 1 for each mom)
- Necklaces for 5 sisters/moms
- Clutches for 2 nieces
- Envirosax for me & MIL
- Dinosaur PJ set & lots of Superhero clothes for DS
- Fairytale & Pirate Djeco puzzles (still waiting for fairytale, wouldn't be surprised if i don't get)
- Confetti bowls (still waiting on, wouldn't be surprised if I don't get it)

And more, I'm really happy.
Thanks OP!! You rock!

:jammin:

TwinFoxes
03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
But what's an iPig???

http://www.amazon.com/Speakal-Stereo-Docking-Station-Speakers/dp/B001E8QLGO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331347934&sr=8-2

I have no idea why I think it's so cool! :) I don't know why I didn't buy one, I think it was around $40?

pearcider
03-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Spent $580, returned/price adjusted a bunch, so net around $275. Really surprised I'm netting less than half of what I bought! There were so many good deals, but at the same time some things were not as great in person (the jewelry were less impressive than online).

Speaking of customer service, seriously, they are some of the worst. Emailing is way more efficient and less of a headache, and I actually got my price adjustments that way. One of the refunds have not shown up for me (I packaged some from two separate orders in one box, and one from one order didn't get processed), so I am hoping my email that I just sent will remedy that. And the other return where I packaged items from two separate orders were processed without a hitch.

elephantmeg
03-12-2012, 08:38 AM
$20 net and it should be delivered today according to the tracking #. 2 mugs for the kids and 2 for me. I'm thinking I'll throw them in the Easter baskets.

Seitvonzu
03-12-2012, 09:09 AM
not quite sure yet. i reordered my soaps in a jar --12 sets!!! they are going to be the "family" favor for my easter party....usually i just send home candy and kids stuff, but these were perfect for my EGG theme!!!! they are supposed to come today. along with a couple mugs (the his and hers-- too cute), the red lotus bowls (i'm a sucker for stacking bowls), and some pajamas... (why oh why did i have to reorder?)

i did get a couple price adjustments already and i got refunded for the last order of jars that never shipped. hopefully these come! i think! so...still not clear on the total.

my embarassing thing is that i recieved 2 dragonfly necklaces (at least i'm pretty sure i did) and i can't find one of them to save my life. :( it's weird... and the worst part? i'm tempted to not send the one i got as a gift because i'm afraid i won't find MINE. oy. i need help :)

mypa
03-12-2012, 12:09 PM
not quite sure yet. i reordered my soaps in a jar --12 sets!!! they are going to be the "family" favor for my easter party....usually i just send home candy and kids stuff, but these were perfect for my EGG theme!!!! they are supposed to come today. along with a couple mugs (the his and hers-- too cute), the red lotus bowls (i'm a sucker for stacking bowls), and some pajamas... (why oh why did i have to reorder?)

i did get a couple price adjustments already and i got refunded for the last order of jars that never shipped. hopefully these come! i think! so...still not clear on the total.

my embarassing thing is that i recieved 2 dragonfly necklaces (at least i'm pretty sure i did) and i can't find one of them to save my life. :( it's weird... and the worst part? i'm tempted to not send the one i got as a gift because i'm afraid i won't find MINE. oy. i need help :)

Were your soaps listed on the invoice but not in the box, or were they not even listed at all? I'm missing 2 pillows and they were not listed on the invoice at all and I know they were in stock. I got refunds but darn, I want those pillows. I was about to order extra pillows just in case the pillows go missing and their website closed down early, wah!

Binkandabee
03-12-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm in for $620.00 after returns, most of which are credited because they never shipped in the first place. Most of my items were high dollar items and only 2 were for me (zoku and sunglasses), the rest are gifts. My order had 3 timbuk2 suitcases, a timbuk2 messenger bag, 2 of the timbuk2 dopp kits, 3 zokus, several knife sets, 5 dwell studio pillows, the Tommy Bahama Cairo watch and the Scottevest jacket plus a few small items.

I am beyond thrilled that I have so much of my Christmas shopping already done, especially since a lot of the gifts are for people who are hard to buy for like my FIL and BIL.

Seitvonzu
03-12-2012, 03:05 PM
my soaps were listed on the invoice as "0" shipped .. my box said "1 of 1" on it. when i called they said they wouldn't ship. so i reordered (after talking to a manager to confirm that and also to confirm that they SHOULD have shipped because there were plenty in the warehouse)

my box coming today said 22 lbs. so i'm hopeful! (not that they won't be broken though ;))

Momit
03-12-2012, 03:15 PM

The same thing happened to me with the alligator tooth pillow! I got multiples, so I sold one on BBB swap and kept a spare for DS in case his gets lost (It was just too cute to return for $5!) Anyway, then I thought I lost it. I ran back up to UPS afraid I had put it in a return box by accident - nope. I just found it on my dresser last night!

essnce629
03-12-2012, 03:19 PM
I spent $240 and will be keeping it all. I never got my two Zokus though. I guess I should call.

essnce629
03-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Shoot, I just called them and they said the Zokus were out of stock so they just cancelled them from my order! Wahhh! And DS1 was so excited about getting it! I just figured they were coming since the shipping notificiation email I got had ALL the items I ordered on it, including the Zokus. I just thought they were coming in a separate box since the rest of my order came in 2 separate packages a week apart. Darn it! I'm bummed.

nabigus
03-12-2012, 04:06 PM
After price adjustments (which I got yesterday, yay!), I spent $69. Not bad for a *really* nice Timbuk2 messenger bag, a wallet, two umbrellas, three of the mouse 3 sprouts bags, and an electronics elastic funky organizer.

Multimama
03-12-2012, 04:11 PM
I finally got my refund for my Zoku today (well, they actually never sent me a refund e-mail, so I'll need to keep an eye on my credit card!) So in the end I spent less than $150.

I still wish I understand why so many people who ordered after me got their Zokus and I didn't! Even though the other things I got were amazing deals, the Zoku fiasco kind of soured the whole experience for me.

hellokitty
03-12-2012, 05:27 PM
I still wish I understand why so many people who ordered after me got their Zokus and I didn't! Even though the other things I got were amazing deals, the Zoku fiasco kind of soured the whole experience for me.

You and me both. I still don't understand why they canceled my entire first order, yet others got theirs, but with just a few items missing that were OOS. I didn't even order a zoku (I have the hamilton beach unit from WM). I like what I got for order #2, but am still annoyed that I am one of the few ppl here who IMO got the shaft regarding my order. I still can't believe they shipped out all of those canceled orders... that's probably why my order got canceled, since all of that threw off their inventory sending out a bunch of canceled orders due to their own dumb system, plus who the hell fulfills orders chronologically backwards??? I'm also annoyed that due to their crappy service (bad info given 2x I called and then found out the real day the third time, which by then they were closed), I didn't get to re-order. I still want those stupid mugs and they were in stock for the entire GG craziness, they were not a popular item. Grrrr!

sea*gal
03-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Interesting...I just got an email with a notice that I was going to be credited for 5 items that were missing from an order due this week. So I guess that they are not going to show up, though the shipping notice included them. I can live without them...especially those Dylans jelly bean cupcakes I ordered at the last minute. The universe knows I'm on a diet even if I forget.

ett
03-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Interesting...I just got an email with a notice that I was going to be credited for 5 items that were missing from an order due this week. So I guess that they are not going to show up, though the shipping notice included them. I can live without them...especially those Dylans jelly bean cupcakes I ordered at the last minute. The universe knows I'm on a diet even if I forget.

I also got a refund email saying that the Dylan's were OOS.

sewarsh
03-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Get this...

I just got a random $9 credit on my Amex account for something but I have no idea what!

iaam
03-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Get this...

I just got a random $9 credit on my Amex account for something but I have no idea what!

:)

I returned items from an order for which I paid for overnight shipping ($25). Included with the refund for the items is a refund for the $25 shipping charge. I am not complaining. But, am amazed for the 100th time at how incompetent their inventory/order processing system was. Again, not complaining, just remarking!!!

ett
03-12-2012, 11:01 PM
Get this...

I don't know how it is with other credit cards but when I check my discover card account online, the order number is listed along with the Gifting Grace store name. So I was able to see which order number the charges/refunds corresponded to. Makes tracking refunds much easier!