PDA

View Full Version : Skinny leg jeans for large calves

happi
03-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Help I want some skinny leg jeans but I have large calves. I hate to shop and try on lots of clothes. Do you have any recomendations for some jeans like this?
thanks
happi

MommyofAmaya
03-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Try the Old Navy Rockstar skinny. I have huge calves and these work for me. They also have a higher rise if that matters.

wallawala
03-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Depends on your hip/waist shape as to what you might like the best, but if you've had trouble with skinny jeans looking odd due to the proportion of wider calves... try straight leg jeans. They will look like skinny jeans in the calf for you. My favorites are Joes Jeans Visionaire- midrise, straight leg. Fits well for my otherwise curvy body, and looks trim at the ankle like a skinny should be without gripping my calf/ankle area to the degree that most skinnies do (and therefore I think accentuate my weak area!).

I have had good luck with Old Navy Sweetheart skinny jeans, I'm trying to be cheap as I'm between sizes and hoping to lose more. They do stretch out a bit, so size down if you can. They are a midrise, but cut a little more curvy than the rockstar (ie thigh is looser and waist is smaller proportion wise).

I didn't like the rockstar fit for me, but will need to try them on again, as have heard lots of good recs for them, from curvy girls.