PDA

View Full Version : bodum 1 liter french press on sale at amazon

eagle
03-10-2012, 02:19 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004NBYAD0/ref=oh_o00_s01_i00_details

the red and orange colors. right now they are around $16.

good luck if youre in the market for one. i was! no longer. :cheerleader1:

eagle
03-10-2012, 02:28 AM
ooh, the black one went down to $17 just now. i still prefer the orange!

mjmamma
03-10-2012, 10:15 AM
I think I'm gonna jump on this since I've been wanting to try this method for a long time. So... though it is rec that I grind my own beans, could I just use ground coffee?

Thanks for posting!

SnuggleBuggles
03-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I buy coffee every 7-10 days from a fancy coffee place and they grind it more coarsely (I think?) when I tell them it will be in a French press. Someone correct my details- I am new at coffee! I do like the good stuff though and really like my French press. Takes a few minutes but I use that time to clean the kitchen. :)

mjmamma
03-10-2012, 10:25 AM
oh thanks! I just read some, as usual, great detailed reviews on Amazon. It looks like it is supposed to be ground coarsely. I'm trying to find the lazy way. I suppose I could grind it once a wk and seal it...with breakfast and making school lunches, grinding coffee daily may not happen. But thanks again, I'm gonna go for it!

Nicsmom
03-10-2012, 10:53 AM
I've been using a french press for ages and I think it makes the best coffee. Any ground coffee will do, BUT expresso (very fine) ground makes it very difficult to press. So regular ground is better. But you don't need to grind it yourself. I don't.

mjmamma
03-11-2012, 12:03 AM
I've been using a french press for ages and I think it makes the best coffee. Any ground coffee will do, BUT expresso (very fine) ground makes it very difficult to press. So regular ground is better. But you don't need to grind it yourself. I don't.

Good to know, thanks..I'll have to experiment with it.