PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite shower cap?

nupe
03-10-2012, 10:02 AM
I know seems like a silly questions, but since I have now been introduced to amazing hair dryers/flat irons/argan oil, I can sometimes wear "yesterday's hair" (another expression I picked up on this board!), which means I need a decent shower cap. Is there a special type of shower cap I should be looking for?

nupe
03-11-2012, 07:32 PM
I've been using the hotel ones but they don't really hold my hair in and usually develop a small tear along the elastic right away.

Amazon has some by
Jane
Betty Dain (also at Folica, beauty brands)
Blow Perfect (also at Folica, beauty brands, ulta, nordstrom) Nordstrom reviews say it is small

The Jain one is made out of swimsuit material and certainly looks the most sturdy.

Twoboos
03-11-2012, 08:26 PM
I just put my hair in a pony tail and try not to get it wet. I usually go 2-3 days (and sometimes push it to 4 :bag depending on how my hair looks/feels) between hair washing, but still shower daily.

nupe
03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
I must splash around too much, I definitely need something to keep my hair dry!

Mommy2Abby
03-11-2012, 10:43 PM
I like the Betty Dain Stylish Design Mold Resistant Shower Cap.... I got 2 of them from Amazon over 9 months ago, and they are still in great condition. Highly recommend.

DrSally
03-11-2012, 11:08 PM
I just use a cheap goody one from target. I didn't know there were fancier ones.

Smillow
03-12-2012, 01:17 AM
The Dollar Tree has some terry lined ones that I like.

nupe
03-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the recs! No dollar tree near my commute. I ended up going to Beauty Brands and got the betty dain socialite one although I thought the blow one fit better because it was a bit smaller elastic size around my head. The betty one was on sale so it was reasonable, and the blow one was almost 20. They were both large enough to fit over a clip holding all my shoulder length hair up top. This way I could try them on!

nupe
03-26-2012, 06:47 AM
Now this diva darling headband with a showercap is the way to go!
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/aquis-diva-darling-headband-microfiber~p~4409f/?filterString=s~diva-darling%2F&colorFamily=02

stinkyfeet
03-26-2012, 09:04 AM
I use a terry-lined goody one from the local convenience store :)