PDA

View Full Version : Best way to sell new, unused kids clothes

acmom
03-10-2012, 03:14 PM
I have a lot of new outfits that my kids never wore - baby sizes- 3Tish including shoes, mostly Gymboree and Gap. My mom buys ahead and goes overboard! Some of the stuff didn't work size/season-wise, some my kids just wouldn't wear (DD doesn't love jeans or sweaters). Most still have tags. Up to this point, I have only donated or given to friends, but there is a lot!

Anyone have experience selling? What would you recommend?

mom2binsd
03-10-2012, 03:36 PM
I was going to suggest the BBB swap, but you need to have more posts to join....

I would say Craigslist, put in lots by season and size.

Have a garage sale but be very specific in your ad, tell what sizes/brands/new with tags etc...use Craigslist to advertize.

Do you have a twice yearly consignment sale like Just Between Friends (most are holding sales now or in the next month so I'd search children's consignment sales on google for one).

Ebay is a lot of work, and those sizes are particularly difficult.

rlmomto5
03-10-2012, 06:02 PM
I always sell mine on ebay. It is work, but so worth it to me. I just made $550 selling my kids spring/summer clothes!

crl
03-10-2012, 06:08 PM
CL has been the best return for effort for me in selling kids clothes. I do lots by size and take decent pictures to post. We have a consignment store a ways away and I have done that, and it is the least work but I also get much less money that way. I tried a consignment sale and it was a fair bit of work and then my entire lot disappeared and the sale was not helpful in trying to figure out what happened. I always tell people if they do a consignment sale, document what you submit carefully.

Catherine

Seitvonzu
03-10-2012, 07:11 PM
ugh. i'm doing a consignment sale right now and NO way would i recommend this to anyone... maybe i'm just too emotional , but it seems like TONS of work for the return. honestly, next time i want to get rid of stuff i'm thinking i'll just bag it up and let goodwill sort it out :)

(caveat: when i went to get stuff ready, i thought it was "ready" to have it gone...after i had all my only daughter's little baby dresses washed and ironed and hanging sweetly on hangers i thought "ohmygoodness how can i possibly get rid of all this stuff?" i think i wouldnt' feel that way if i was 100% ready OR if i was giving it to people i loved OR for a "good cause"-- consignment feels "other" to me , right now... but i AM giving it a trial run and have used my freak out as a reason to put "DONATE" on all my items if they do not sell :)

marymoo86
03-10-2012, 07:57 PM
There are new/used sale pages for Gap and Gymbo on Facebook. I bet you would have good luck there.