PDA

View Full Version : DH, I cannot believe you can be so rude

HIU8
03-11-2012, 09:46 PM
We got an invite to a family members childs bday party. It's 3 hours away. DH wants to go. Great, the kids will have a good time. We will go. DH calls his cousin on the RSVP date and says we need a couple more days to decide (I have no idea why he did this as he really wants to go--as he has said). So that was on Friday. It's now Sunday and DH refuses to call/email his cousin to tell him we are coming. AND DH is angry at me b/c I asked him to RSVP (and mentioned that what he was doing was rude and makes our family look bad). Now, I could rsvp, but the invite came via email to DH. I really think he needs to step up. If he doesn't respond by tomorrow the kids and I are simply not going to go. DH has never done anything like this before. I don't get it and I'm pissed.

essnce629
03-11-2012, 10:11 PM
I'd just RSVP for him. I don't think it matters who got the invite or not, you're all the same family.

HIU8
03-11-2012, 10:30 PM
I may do that. DH refuses to talk to me about why he flat out just won't RSVP to a party HE wants to go to. I don't even have cousins email or phone number. I have to call MIL to get it. DH refuses to give it to me also (forgot to mention that part).

KLD313
03-11-2012, 11:52 PM
That's really odd, especially since he won't even give you the information to respond. How does he expect them to know you're going or doesn't he want to go now?

wildfire
03-12-2012, 01:00 AM
Did they maybe not RSVP for something and then show up? Is he trying to get them back for something like that? Definitely agree that it's odd.

MamaMolly
03-12-2012, 09:22 AM
That is kind of bizarre. Is this kind of behavior out of the realm of normal for your DH? If so, then :grouphug: my heart goes out to you. If it isn't, then WTF is going on?

artvandalay
03-12-2012, 09:26 AM
That is really weird. Perhaps they had an argument or something? Really strange that he won't explain himself.

wellyes
03-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Is he doing it to spite you? Stubborn.

HIU8
03-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I asked DH again last night and he just laughed. He is being an absolute ASS. I rsvp'd this morning. I will admit his behavior was odd (sometiimes when his blood sugar is out of whack--he is diabetic--he gets this way. But of course, his monitor didn't have batteries so he could not check his blood sugar).

hellokitty
03-12-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm sorry he's acting that way. My dad is like that too and it drives my mother crazy. He too is diabetic, but he's always been a pain even before he became diabetic. Now he just blames everything on his diabetes and always claims that he's hypoglycemic. :rolleyes:

HIU8
03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
This is odd behavior for my DH.

Globetrotter
03-12-2012, 01:04 PM
I have no idea if this is it and I don't think your dh would be considered an emergency case (??), but i have to wonder if it is related to his sugar levels, as you mentioned. It's worth a visit to the doctor if it doesn't change, and you can monitor behavior in the meantime. I am very forgetful (nothing to do with diabetes) and have done the key in the door thing a couple of times, as has dh, but worth a look anyway.

I just read this at http://www.emedicinehealth.com/diabetes/page4_em.htm:

Altered mental status: Lethargy, agitation, forgetfulness, or just strange behavior can be a sign of very low or very high blood sugar levels. If a person has diabetes with an altered mental status:
Try giving them some fruit juice (about 6 ounces) or cake icing if the person is awake enough to swallow normally without choking. Avoid giving things such as hard candy that can lodge in the throat. The health care provider can prescribe glucose wafers or gels that melt under the tongue.
Does not wake up and behave normally within about 15 minutes, call 911.
Is not a known diabetic, these symptoms can be signs of stroke, drug intoxication, alcohol intoxication, oxygen starvation, and other serious medical conditions. Call 911 immediately.

hwin708
03-12-2012, 04:28 PM
IDK Maybe he doesn't want to RSVP because he wants to leave his options open in case, on the actual day of, he decides he doesn't really want to drive 3 hours. And he won't answer your question about why he won't RSVP because, of course, the answer is really rude and he knows you will give him hell for it.