PDA

View Full Version : Mother's helper ?

ssgg
03-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Does anyone have or plan for a mother's helper when baby comes? Esp if baby #2? What do you have the mother's helper do?

SnuggleBuggles
03-12-2012, 10:45 AM
I had the preteen neighbor come over after school a few days/ week. She came over so ds2 could nap and I could get ds1 from the bus stop. She played with the kids so I could get chores done too.

BDKmom
03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
I plan to have our regular summer sitter come, even though I will be on maternity leave. DD is due May 30th, and DS's preschool year ends mid-May. Our sitter just finished her freshman year of college. She will start when DS gets out of school and be with us likely 2 days/week for the summer. I plan to have her watch/play with/entertain DS while I spend time with DD, catch up on sleep, chores, whatever is needed. I plan to pay her our normal amount even though I will be home, as I imagine I will be out of pocket a good bit, sleeping or nursing or whatever, and she is a really great sitter. Also, I feel that I trust her enough that I could leave DD with her for short periods for me to get out some, and/or spend alone time with DS.