PDA

View Full Version : Is this safe?

Melaine
03-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Can I put a piece of fleece or something around the seatbelts for DDs' boosters? They are complaining that the belts are rubbing their skin. This is probably going to be more of a problem as it gets warmer so they are wearing thinner clothing and strappy shirts.

I totally understand as the seatbelt in DH's car rubs my neck and it drives me completely insane.

karstmama
03-13-2012, 08:00 AM
i would say yes as long as it isn't a big puffy something, but i'm certainly not a tech & will be watching the thread. i mean, on the frontier things to keep the straps from rubbing are even included.

Melaine
03-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Yeah it seems to me it would be ok, but I thought I would check. For some reason, I can't find info on the safety factor when I google....

mom2binsd
03-13-2012, 09:42 AM
Along this line, have your girls complained that the seatbelt hurts if you've had to stop a little quickly, my DD was almost in tears the other day, a guy cut me off and I had to stop pretty quickly and DD in her booster cried out that the seatbelt really hurt her neck...DS on the other hand in his harness was fine.

Joolsplus2
03-13-2012, 10:33 AM
The thinner, the better, see what they have at a big box store's automotive department. Or do the seats scoot towards the buckle more? Just moving them a little might move the belt off their necks...? I guess we already told you to raise the headrests to get the belt closer to their necks, but how would it be if you lowered them a notch? Sometimes kids settle into seats and fit differently than they do for that first picture you took for us to get an idea of the fit.