PDA

View Full Version : Durable, casual tote bag for park etc.

acmom
03-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I am looking for a casual, small-ish/lightweight tote bag that I can take to park, playground, etc. I would mostly be carrying snacks, wipes, sunglasses, baseball cap etc. I have a Earth Leather JJB Behave that I keep stocked and carry as a purse/diaper bag but don't need everything in it (like my wallet, diapers, toys/books) when we are outside and I don't want to keep unpacking it. It also feels silly to be carrying a heavy leather-ish bag at the park!

I am considering a small or medium Land End or LLBean canvas tote, but am wondering how the canvas will hold up on wet ground.

Any suggestions? (I definitely want a tote, not cross-body or backpack style).
Thanks!

star04
03-15-2012, 04:48 PM
I say JJB Mightybe...machine washable and light-weight, though a little pricey.

traciann
03-15-2012, 07:08 PM
I bought a Saltwater Pail bag last year for this exact reason. It has pockets on the outside that I kept filled with sunscreen, wetwipes, bubbles, etc. I had room inside for other various things...snacks, drinks. Its made of mesh so I didn't have to worry about it getting dirty. It is a great size for a park bag. The Saltwater Dolphin bag is bigger..but I didn't want to carry an army of stuff so I went with the pail bag.

http://www.saltwatercanvas.com/pail.htm

BayGirl2
03-17-2012, 05:17 PM
I say JJB Mightybe...machine washable and light-weight, though a little pricey.

ITA. We use a MightyBe as our daycare bag and it's perfect for what you describe and more lightweight than canvas. Check the JJB Pink Room FSOT and I'm sure you can get one for a reasonable price.