PDA

View Full Version : Boden out of stock wait

luli13
03-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Does anyone have experience with ordering something that is out of stock but will ship in...say.... 12 weeks (or whatever the case)? I would like to buy a few dresses but I am so annoyed that I have to wait weeks and weeks for all of them! I know that lots are OOS because they are 25% off so do I just keep checking in for returns and hope my size comes in stock?

star04
03-15-2012, 05:52 PM
The wait time is usually a bit sooner that what is indicated.

elektra
03-15-2012, 06:34 PM
I went ahead and ordered one that said 4 weeks. They do come back in stock though because of the returns. I am not sure of the best strategy though (buy now or wait)- as I am not sure if they prioritize shipments to the people who have already ordered (and basically agreed to the longer wait time) or the people who wait and buy once it's back in stock from returns.

joules
03-15-2012, 06:49 PM
I went ahead and ordered one that said 4 weeks. They do come back in stock though because of the returns. I am not sure of the best strategy though (buy now or wait)- as I am not sure if they prioritize shipments to the people who have already ordered (and basically agreed to the longer wait time) or the people who wait and buy once it's back in stock from returns.

Did you get the maxi dress? I'm tempted to get one in black petite.

elektra
03-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Did you get the maxi dress? I'm tempted to get one in black petite.

Yes, I got the pinkish one- the bigger floral print the model is wearing in the picture.

joules
03-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Yes, I got the pinkish one- the bigger floral print the model is wearing in the picture.

I like that one too. Please post a review when you get it.

jillmk
03-16-2012, 08:43 AM
I bought that maxi in the purple floral and I love it! I can't believe how comfortable it is, especially since I'm not really a dress person. I am 5'2" and 4R fit perfectly. I was really surprised it wasn't too long for me.

lyt202
03-16-2012, 10:35 AM
I find the wait times to be pretty meaningless. I just ordered a jacket with a 9 week wait and got it within days.

elbenn
03-16-2012, 10:41 AM
I have ordered items that had a several week wait, and they shipped at about the time they estimated, so I wouldn't count on it shipping earlier.

elektra
03-16-2012, 12:56 PM
FYI, I just received a "Boden Order Sent" message for the maxi dress I ordered on Wednesday. The site had indicated a 4 week wait.

So I say go for it if you haven't already!

joules
03-16-2012, 02:40 PM
I bought that maxi in the purple floral and I love it! I can't believe how comfortable it is, especially since I'm not really a dress person. I am 5'2" and 4R fit perfectly. I was really surprised it wasn't too long for me.

FYI, I just received a "Boden Order Sent" message for the maxi dress I ordered on Wednesday. The site had indicated a 4 week wait.

So I say go for it if you haven't already!

Thanks! I'm 5'2" too. Good thing you mentioned it. I had a petite in my cart.
Since the 4R black was sold out, I ordered the pink floral in 4R instead. This is my first order from Boden.

elektra
03-23-2012, 07:25 PM
The Boden maxi dress arrived yesterday and I am keeping it. The 8L fits well. It is pretty fitted on top but I don't think it looks bad or anything. But I am between 6 and 8 in Boden and so I am glad I went with the 8 because of the tighter top issue. I think being a bit roomy on the bottom is fine with a maxi dress.
The print is pretty bold but that was expected. My other maxi dress is plain dark grey so it will be nice to liven things up with this one in the mix. :)
The length was not overly long, so I would guess that if someone is waffling between P/R or R/L, go with the longer length.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7041/7009627957_481f216b38.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/44911561@N02/7009627957/)

joules
03-26-2012, 01:27 PM
I got the same one, but unfortunately had to return it. One of the flowers was centered over my boob - the middle of the flower is red...yah..right over my nipple! I got the Regular length and it was perfect - just hit the tops of my feet. I like the material too. I think I'll wait and see if the black color ever comes back in stock and get that one instead.

elektra
03-26-2012, 01:43 PM
I got the same one, but unfortunately had to return it. One of the flowers was centered over my boob - the middle of the flower is red...yah..right over my nipple! I got the Regular length and it was perfect - just hit the tops of my feet. I like the material too. I think I'll wait and see if the black color ever comes back in stock and get that one instead.

Yikes!
Luckily I felt like the way the pattern ended up on the top of mine, that it actually minimized the attention up there, which was a positive. No single big flower or anything.