PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Handbag Hanger?

Ladybug47
03-15-2012, 09:12 PM
I'd like to get a general opinion on whether people actually use handbag holders to hold their purses when eating out or whatever. I'm thinking of this kind, specifically:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/spring-street-design-group-spring-enamel-handbag-hanger/3166076?origin=category&resultback=171&cm_ven=Linkshare&cm_cat=partner&cm_pla=10&cm_ite=1&siteId=mH0jcSTu4.0-HCVyLIuh0k2Im3HhID0VgA

I got several from the Gifting Grace sale because I like the crystal feather design on them, but I need to figure out whether people would actually use them if I gave them as part of gifts. I'm not sure I would ever actually carry and use one, and I definitely would never have bought one if it wasn't only $5, but now that I have them I think they're pretty but want to make sure gift recipients would actually like them and use them. Honest opinions, here, folks!

Thanks!

smiles33
03-15-2012, 09:16 PM
I voted I have one but never use it because I forget I have it! It's small enough to fit in my purse, too.

SnuggleBuggles
03-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I think it would make my bag more in my way with one. I don't want one. If I had one, I know I'd never remember to use it either.

Liziz
03-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Nope, I think they are a good idea, but I would never use one. I don't have a problem hanging my bag over the back of a chair or putting it on the ground...seems like too much work to carry around and pull out a purse hanger!

Globetrotter
03-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I use mine! It's useful for times when there is no place to put my bag. I also use it to keep my bag in sight on the table (I know people who have had their bags stolen from their chairs!).

edurnemk
03-15-2012, 11:55 PM
I have a couple and keep one in my purse, I do use them every now and then, mainly when I can't hang my purse on the chair at a restaurant.

anne-girl
03-17-2012, 11:01 PM
I used mine all the time when it fit in my purse, but I don't now. Besides which, usually my purse is tucked into my gargantuan diaper bag, which no purse holder will keep off the floor.

I also use it to hold a tambourine from my music stand but I doubt many people would find an additional use like that. ;)

IMO anybody who is germ-conscious (dirt on the floor getting on purses) or security-conscious might use one.

legaleagle
03-18-2012, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't use that kind, but I just got a clipa based on recs here and love it!

Melaine
03-18-2012, 01:55 PM
I would use it if you could hang your bag on the stall door in bathrooms.

hillview
03-18-2012, 05:34 PM
I have a couple and keep one in my purse, I do use them every now and then, mainly when I can't hang my purse on the chair at a restaurant.
:yeahthat:

I didn't vote but I have one and use it from time to time and like it

vludmilla
03-18-2012, 08:39 PM
I use mine and I like it. It has been handy several times.

kozachka
03-19-2012, 01:05 AM
I don't have a purse hanger but I've used one before (offered by a restaurant) and would love to get one either as a gift or for a cheap. A best friend of mine has one that is a more compact one, the 'hook' wraps around the round part. It's just has not been a priority purchase for me.