PDA

View Full Version : Born Massi boots?

DrSally
03-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Does anyone have these Born Massi Boots.
http://www.6pm.com/born-massi-taupe-nubuck?si1545847=&channel=70&mr:referralID=90b34fdf-7109-11e1-ac63-001b2166c2c0

I'm looking at the taupe suede. They actually look more brown to me?

Also, there are differing specs on calf circumference. Most websites say 14.5, which is way too narrow for me, but several reviews say the calves are very wide. 6pm says 16.5, so that's quite a difference. I need the 16.5 They look wider in their video. I like the look, but don't want to pay $20 to return them if they don't fit!

Also, do Born's in general run TTS?

I can't find them anywhere IRL to try on.

nupe
03-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Maybe check the size they are using for reference? The 6pm are using a size 8.5, so if you wear a smaller size, the calf circ may be a bit less. IME Borns tend to have a "wider" than usual shaft. Haven't tried these on. I do see that the zip stops short of the very top. I have a pair of sofft boots (from 2007 maybe) that have this kind of shaft and are very snug at the top. When I was pg I couldn't wear them because my leg would go numb driving. That means I could get them on. Now they fit fine, albeit snug.

Not sure I would take hte chance on a snug calf, since they don't zip to the top. If they zipped to the top, you could always try and stretch them out by wearing them partially zipped first.

ETA: I do love the color. I have a pair of cowboy style boots in a similar color and I call them my summer boots!

DrSally
03-19-2012, 05:24 PM
I would wear an 8 or 8.5, so pretty close. I just don't trust their measurement, when all the other sites are so different. And, you're right about the zipper not going up all the way. I just wish their was somewhere to try on IRL b/c i like the look and the price is good.