PDA

View Full Version : How long are Lego themes available for?

ljackson
03-19-2012, 04:55 AM
I would like to get DD some of the Lego Friends sets but her birthday is not until December. How long are sets like that usually available for? Could I hope to get her some this winter and add to the collection later if she plays with it a lot? Is it something that we might be able to add to for a few years? If a particular set from a theme sells out do they make more? I don't really want to buy any just now but don't want to miss out either!

katydid1971
03-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Well the theme I think will be around for a few years because it has been popular. The sets get changed out about every year or so depending. Those came out right around new years so I think you will be able to get them through Christmas and then I expect other sets will come out to go with it. I would wait for this summer/fall TRU usually has a bunch a lego sales then and you could get a good deal on buy 2 get one free which saves you 33% if you buy sets that are the same prices.

alien_host
03-19-2012, 04:31 PM
friends just came out in January and there is a second wave coming out in August, I believe. I would keep an eye on the current sets and try to find them on sale.

We have the Butterfly Beauty Shop and Cafe and both are awesome. I have Olivia's House and others for her birthday. iMO if you can find them for 25% -30% off MSRP, that is pretty good for LEGO.

stores, like Target, might clearance out the current sets to make room for the newer sets in August, but it is unclear if that will happen.

fYI the TRU prices are horrible for Friends, most are way over msrp. Stick with the LEGO store, Target, Walmart or Barnes and Noble. I have a mental note of the prices from the Lego store so I don't get screwed at TRU!

ljackson
03-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Thanks for all the info - I'll hold off for now.