PDA

View Full Version : Where did/does your baby nap while older sibling is around?

fumofu
03-19-2012, 06:41 PM
DS will be 20 months when DC2 arrives in a couple of weeks. When he was an infant, we just let him sleep on a towel in the living room! That's not a possibility now that the living room has shrunken by the invasion of his toys. But, I don't want him to trample over his younger sibling.

We bought a cosleeper for DC2 to sleep next to me. It will eventually be used as a playard in the kitchen/living room. Should I buy another playard for DC2 to nap in? How about a bassinet? The ones I've seen listed on CL are all propped on a stand, which we don't really have room for, and it seems like a tripping hazard for DS.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

♥ms.pacman♥
03-19-2012, 06:44 PM
ds was 15 mos when we brought dd home. she mostly slept in a swing, in the living room or in a Nap Nanny in our room. we had a bassinet too . for the first month at least the location didn't matter bc really newborns can sleep through ANYTHING. also, i think i wore dd a lot and she slept on me too :)

it gets trickier once the yougner one is older (3 mos?) and needs more peace/quiet to sleep. i would move the swing or nap nanny in dd's room, and then close the door and try to get DS to play somewhere else. i had a video/audio monitor to keep tabs on her.

fumofu
03-20-2012, 05:57 PM
ds was 15 mos when we brought dd home. she mostly slept in a swing, in the living room or in a Nap Nanny in our room. we had a bassinet too . for the first month at least the location didn't matter bc really newborns can sleep through ANYTHING. also, i think i wore dd a lot and she slept on me too :)

it gets trickier once the yougner one is older (3 mos?) and needs more peace/quiet to sleep. i would move the swing or nap nanny in dd's room, and then close the door and try to get DS to play somewhere else. i had a video/audio monitor to keep tabs on her.

Thanks for sharing. We don't have a swing, but we do have a bouncy seat that buckles and it'll keep DC2 off the floor for the beginning when s/he can sleep anywhere. I also have to accept that the little one will eventually need a quiet place to sleep. And definitely lots of baby wearing.

WatchingThemGrow
03-20-2012, 06:02 PM
The baby always napped with a baby gate and a door blocking them from the toddler. Gate in the hallway, baby napped in a Bugaboo or a crib with a monitor turned on and a door shut. Often a sound machine running if said toddler was having a loud day.