PDA

View Full Version : When did you drop?

MSWR0319
03-20-2012, 10:26 AM
I just ran to the grocery to get bread and the cashier said "you've dropped since the last time you were in." I'm only 33 weeks, is it possible to drop already? I'm thinking it's just the shirt I have on, as I don't feel like I've dropped, but I'm hoping it's not a sign of impending labor!

indigo99
03-20-2012, 10:32 AM
I don't think that the cashier would know. My doctor wouldn't ever even confirm if I had or not. I'm not even sure that women themselves always know for sure when they do. Having said that, I dropped early with my second.

BDKmom
03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
People told me that all the time with DS, but I could never tell a difference. I think it's just one of those things that people say to pregnant women. At 7 1/2 months I would get, in the same day, people saying that I looked like I was going to pop any minute (one of my favorite phrases :rolleye0014:) and people saying "no way you are that far along."

MSWR0319
03-20-2012, 10:46 AM
People told me that all the time with DS, but I could never tell a difference. I think it's just one of those things that people say to pregnant women. At 7 1/2 months I would get, in the same day, people saying that I looked like I was going to pop any minute (one of my favorite phrases :rolleye0014:) and people saying "no way you are that far along."

This is what I was thinking too, but for some reason she sent me into a panic. I think because we have no name choices and no crib yet I'm getting panicky. Thanks for making me feel better!

Melaine
03-20-2012, 10:49 AM
People just run their mouths. If YOU haven't noticed a difference, there is no way, IMO, that she could.

Liziz
03-20-2012, 12:05 PM
I never noticed that I'd dropped....although from week 34 onward, my OB was always amazed at how low the baby's head was....and DD arrived only 4 days before her due date, so don't worry there. From about 35 weeks on, people regularly commented that I dropped, while others regularly commented that I hadn't. I agree with you that clothes make a big difference!

BabyBearsMom
03-20-2012, 12:08 PM

:yeahthat: I did notice when I dropped. My boobs, which were resting on my belly, had to stand up on their own and I went from peeing every 2 hours to feeling like I had to go constantly.

swissair81
03-20-2012, 12:23 PM
I never noticeably drop. But then I have a fairly long torso. I imagine my babies stretched out in there like they
have a chaise longue. I don't usually have pressure on my diaphragm either, although I get wicked reflux.

AnnieW625
03-20-2012, 01:32 PM
With DD1 I think I dropped around 34-36 weeks, but I carried her soo low the entire time that I just barely noticed it. She was born at 37 w 5 d.

With DD2 I know exactly when I dropped, it was at 35 weeks, it was Easter Sunday, DD1's 4th birthday, and she was born 25 days later. I woke up the next morning and noticed it. She was 38 w 6 d. when she was born.

edurnemk
03-20-2012, 06:19 PM
I never noticed with DS. A few days before he was born (@38 weeks exactly), my mom kept telling I still had a long way to go because I hadn't dropped. Yeah, right! I just think every woman carries differently and random people can't ell for sure if you'd dropped or not.

MamaSnoo
03-22-2012, 08:14 AM
I never noticed with DD. We will see what happens with DS (31 weeks now).

Yesterday, at least 5 people each told me that I was either really huge or really tiny for my dates. People just like to talk. Wish they would not.