PDA

View Full Version : What convertible seat for a tall/heavy baby?

rileysmom
03-23-2012, 01:46 PM
What would you recommend as a convertible seat for a tall/heavy baby? DD is almost 6 mo old and is in the 95th percentile for height and weight. I would really like to rear face her until at least 2+ so I'm worried about going with a seat with a 35lb RF limit. I was going to get a true fit, but that has the lower weight limit. I want to keep the price below $150 if possible. I like the premium latch connectors and would LOVE to have head wings like the boulevards do, but I dont know if I'm asking too much or if that seat exists at that price. HELP please! :) What do you guys think of the complete air? Do you know of any good deals out there?

arivecchi
03-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Given your price range and RFing goal, I would suggest a Britax Roundabout 55.

http://www.babyboutiqueoutlet.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=briround55

http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Roundabout-Convertible-Current-Version/dp/B005UBCHE6/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1332537312&sr=1-1

legaleagle
03-23-2012, 05:41 PM
How about a graco myride? I think the roundabout wouldn't get much use ff'ing. The CA is very popular on car-seat.org, I haven't tried one myself.

pastrygirl
03-23-2012, 05:50 PM
I love my Complete Air, and found it on clearance at Target for around $80 or $90, I forget. If you get one, make sure it has the two recline lines so that you can install it more upright. Some people are wary of it because it has a 40" RF maximum height in the US. My very tall 2.5-year-old is 36" tall, so I'm pretty sure he'll make it to at least 3 RF.

The only thing I don't like about my Complete Air is that it's a Dorel seat. I love the install, the continuous harness (my husband hates that part), the latch connectors, the no-rethread harness, the weight (it's great for travel -- I can FF in the plane and easily RF again at our destination).

I liked it so much that I traded my Radian XT for another Complete Air65.