PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a dc RF in one car and FF in another?

BabyBearsMom
03-25-2012, 02:32 PM
DH is installing the KF30 in the cars today. He discovered that he can't fit DD1's MA70 or the KF30 RFing behind the drivers seat in his car and still have his seat far enough back. DD1 is turning 2 in 3 weeks and DH's car only carries kids for day care drop off and pick ups, so no long distances, traffic etc. so we are flipping DD1 in his car. We can still fit both seats RF in my car so we plan to RF DD1 a little longer in my car (she has 4lbs and probably 2 inches of torso height left in the Blvd in my ody). Anyone able to have two set ups work?

Katigre
03-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Yes - DD is forward facing in her grandparents car (rides in it a few times a month) and still rear facing in my car. Same thing with DS - he was rearfacing in our car longer than with his grandparents.

KrisM
03-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Not now, but both DD and DS2 had a period of that. They were FF in DH's car and RF in mine. It was about that same age as well.

rin
03-25-2012, 02:38 PM
No BTDT on the RF in one, FF in another question, but I was wondering if he could just have the carseat RF behind the passenger seat, or in the middle?

BabyBearsMom
03-25-2012, 02:47 PM
No BTDT on the RF in one, FF in another question, but I was wondering if he could just have the carseat RF behind the passenger seat, or in the middle?

We have to have two seats RF, so there is already one behind the passenger seat RFing. Even in the middle seat, the second seat overlaps on his side of the car impacting DH's positioning. Also we get a better install on both seats outboard.

MoJo
03-25-2012, 02:47 PM

I was amazed, but I was able to keep JellyBean RF when her sister was born by using the passenger for one + middle slot for the other. It was tight, but it worked. I have a pic of them riding to Grandpa's house, sharing a blanket when Ha was about 6 weeks old (because I squashed back there, too).

I'm pretty sure OP's problem is that the new baby is taking up the usual RF spot for them!

AshleyAnn
03-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Yes. DD did that for a long long time. DD usually rides FFing but I flip her RFing for long trips without issue.

belovedgandp
03-25-2012, 10:56 PM
DC2 was FF in DH's car for about 6 months before changing in mine. The limits of the seats we had at the time were different.

DC3 actually just turned FF today in DHs car. Same thing with a smaller car and not being able to fit the seat with higher RF limits in the vehicle. DC3 also rides FF in grandma's car about once a month and has for several months now.

DebbieJ
03-25-2012, 11:51 PM
For a while we had this. DS2 was RF in my car and FF in DH's car because we had different seats with different weight limits. I've since turned him FF in my car too.

legaleagle
03-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Yup, DS1 has been ff'ing in my mom's car (rides for 15 minutes 1x week) since 2.75 or so (when he hit 35lbs). Went ff'ing in DH's car a few months ago (3.25) when I got the frontier, and will be ff'ing in my car no later than May. He didn't have a problem with it, though I think he does have a preference for ff'ing, no complaints about rf'ing in my car.

AnnieW625
03-26-2012, 01:18 PM
After DD2's 2nd birthday next month I told DH he can ff her in his car because it is kind of a pain to get her in and out of the small backseat. I won't have much of an issue with it because she usually is only in the car for 10-20 minutes a day and rarely for long trips, and it is never for freeway trips.