PDA

View Full Version : TWO nanny interview no-shows today!

PunkyBoo
03-27-2012, 02:41 PM
So far today just sucks. I had 2 interviews set up for prospective nannies this morning. Neither one showed up. I sat there in Starbucks for 1.5 hours and neither showed up OR called me, even though I gave them both my cell number. The first one actually sent me an email 15 minutes after we were supposed to meet, asking where I was, so apparently she was at the wrong Starbucks (despite my having given her specific directions) and I don't get email on my (dumb) phone so I didn't get her email until half hour after the second interview didn't show up and I'd bailed home. The second one had called me LAST Thursday asking where I was (I was at a dr. appointment) and so I had to remind her that our appointment was TODAY 3/27 not last Thursday the 20th. Then she just didn't show today. I'm supposed to trust you with my children and my home but you can't find a stinkin Starbucks at a major intersection or call me on my cell if you can't??? Is my time that invaluable to you???

And my friend usually brings Punkin home from school on Tuesdays because Boo has preschool and there isn't time for him to take a nap before picking up Punkin (like he does the rest of the week) and waiting until after Punkin is home is pretty late for him to start his nap. But my friend can't do it today. I have called all my other resources and nobody can bring Punkin home today. So I have to keep Boo up until we can pick up Punkin then try to get him down for his nap late and he doesn't deal well with staying up that long then trying to nap that late. Grrrr. I sure hope this day gets better. I didn't sleep well last night to begin with.

essnce629
03-27-2012, 02:56 PM
That sucks.

There must be something in the air today-- I was supposed to volunteer at DS1's school today and my babysitter (for DS2) was a no show as well! Weird, since that's never happened!

Melaine
03-27-2012, 03:35 PM
That's ridiculous! Then again, I guess it's nice to easily weed both of them off your list. Sorry for the frustration and time-suck though!

TwinFoxes
03-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Ugh, that sucks. It's so frustrating when that happens. But like PP said, easily weeded out.

MamaMolly
03-27-2012, 09:24 PM
Well that stinks! At least you know who you DON'T want working for you. :irked:

Liziz
03-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Argh, how frustrating! But didn't you just say in a post yesterday that you have a candidate you really like already? (I hope I'm remembering the right person!) -- maybe it's just a sign that the person you already interviewed is definitely the one to hire! Good luck making a decision and sorry to hear you wasted so much time today!

PunkyBoo
03-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Argh, how frustrating! But didn't you just say in a post yesterday that you have a candidate you really like already? (I hope I'm remembering the right person!) -- maybe it's just a sign that the person you already interviewed is definitely the one to hire! Good luck making a decision and sorry to hear you wasted so much time today!

Yup, that was me. The first girl I interviewed I really like and I also liked the 2nd one, so they are great options. Yeah, at least these 2 flakes weeded themselves out for me. I wanted to make sure the 2 I like are truly the best available at this point - I guess so!!