PDA

View Full Version : When did you take off the baby insert off of your Tripp Trapp?

sunchip
03-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Our little guy is 15 months. His tripp trapp is of course smeared with all sorts of goop after meal time. I'm thinking of taking off the baby insert, as he's stable enough on there. And it's less to clean! Any thoughts? TIA!
I got ours off of Craigslist, so I don't have the original manual.

indigo99
03-28-2012, 06:26 PM
We started using the TT at 6 months with the regular straps and no insert.

brittone2
03-28-2012, 09:16 PM
8-9 months? My DS2 would never have fit in it at 15 months.

My oldest was using a Kinderzeat (3 pt harness vs. the 5 pt on the current Tripp Trapp) by 15 months without a problem.

We really only found the baby set useful for a short period of time and it was really hard to wiggle DS2 in and out of it during certain segments of that time period.

♥ms.pacman♥
03-28-2012, 11:29 PM
DD is 11 months adjusted and i'm considering taking it out and selling the insert on CL (we barely used it) and just using it as is. i'm not a fan of the baby insert, it's extra stuff to clean and i hated manuevering around it to buckle baby in. so far we have barely used DD's TT bc of the baby insert issue (we've been using a FP booster instead).

DS (also in a Tripp Trapp, we got it when he was almost 2) would not have lasted until 15 months with the babyseat. i would have put him in w/o insert at ~9 months, for sure.

sunchip
03-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Thank you ladies! I hate the struggle to buckle him in everytime. My husband is actually the one who's reluctant to take off the baby insert. He feels it's extra security. But now, I'll try taking off tonight!

doberbrat
03-30-2012, 09:09 PM
by the time dd2 was able to sit up sufficiently to be in the highchair, her thighs were too big to fit into the baby insert. She was on the regular seat w/ the 5pt harness around 10mo.

Mommy_Mea
04-03-2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks for this thread. I am looking to buy a TT on Craigslist for DS2, and wasn't sure if I needed the infant insert. Glad I can skip it!