PDA

View Full Version : guess i should have done a few more kegels

urbanmommy
03-28-2012, 03:09 PM
sorry for the overshare but i'm 38 weeks and 5 days (but whose counting) and i'm leaking when i cough or sneeze. so glad i decided to start my maternity leave a week early.:thumbsup: will kegels help at this point or do i need to start carrying around a change of clothes for both my 3 year old and me just in case? would :rotflmao: but could get very messy.

MamaMolly
03-28-2012, 09:44 PM
Poise pads, Mama. I was mortified when I bought them the first time, but oh so relieved to have them! Sadly pride kept me from buying them for a long time. Dolly is nearly two and I stopped using them within the last 6 months. It took a while for my whizzer to work right I guess.

Go get you a pack of poise. You'll feel better not worrying about leaks.

kellij
03-28-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't leave the house without a pad on and haven't for months. It's gotten worse with each pregnancy. Pretty.

daisymommy
03-28-2012, 10:32 PM
yep, Poise pads will save the day!
And if it makes you feel any better, I have been told that kegels will only help so much. Especially if you start to develop a cystocel prolapse like I did.

urbanmommy
03-28-2012, 10:43 PM
I guess I'll be heading to target tomorrow to pick up a pack of those.

I am doing kegels whenever I remember now.

The joys of motherhood...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

waitingforgrace
03-28-2012, 11:34 PM
Yes keep doing kegels and keep doing them after the birth. You can ask your doctor about it to see if their are any physical therapists near you that specialize in these types of women's issues. I have been in PT for 6 weeks for incontinence and diastasis recti (split ab muscles) since having DD2. I starting going to PT 6 weeks post partum. The PT has helped and if you can find one with this specialization they have lots of exercises and things that can help.

brittone2
03-28-2012, 11:51 PM
If you decide you are interested in pursuing PT post partum, here is a link to a tool to help you find a women's health physical therapist:

http://www.womenshealthapta.org/find-a-physical-therapist/index.cfm

American Physical Therapy Association's Section on Women's Health-info on what PT can do for incontinence and so forth in the post partum period
http://www.womenshealthapta.org/plp/

THere are PTs who specialize in women's health who are not on this directory. If you can't find one using the link above, you can try calling outpatient physical therapy practices and ask if they have any PTs that specialize in women's health, incontinence, pelvic floor, and post partum issues. If they don't, they will likely know of another practice in your area that does.

fumofu
03-29-2012, 02:40 AM
I didn't leak during my 1st pregnancy, but had urinary incontinence for a good 2 months postpartum with DS1.

I am definitely leaking with this pregnancy! for a good 3 months. I'm due in 2 weeks.

Melaine
03-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Didn't not have this problem with the girls, am definitely having it this time.

momm
03-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Ahahahaha.. I hear you mama.

With my first pregnancy, I remember peeing my pants a little bit in my third tri, at a BRU. I was so embarrassed.

With my second, in the first tri itself, I was trying to stop myself from heaving while brushing my teeth and peed a little.

I'm so sexy.

BabyBearsMom
03-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Yup, been wearing a pad for the last few weeks for this exact reason. I just use regular old Always with wings.

urbanmommy
03-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Ahahahaha.. I hear you mama.

With my first pregnancy, I remember peeing my pants a little bit in my third tri, at a BRU. I was so embarrassed.

With my second, in the first tri itself, I was trying to stop myself from heaving while brushing my teeth and peed a little.

I'm so sexy.

Yes, nothing makes me feel sexier :D

Now I know how my Nana feels. Oh boy.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

AngB
03-29-2012, 10:36 PM
It was SO bad in my second pregnancy. Now I'm headed into my third and not looking forward to it...