PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong?

Jenn850
03-29-2012, 01:20 AM
To hate DH for being able to sleep? Gotta love hormones.

hellokitty
03-29-2012, 09:06 AM
No, b/c I felt the same exact way. Even while our babies were rooming in with us (only one who didn't was DS2), my DH would NEVER wake up when the baby cried. I'd be up all night dealing with a nursing or fussy baby and he would sleep right through it and have absolutely NO idea in the morning that I had been up most of the night and that I felt like crap. Even though he is very pro-BF, I always feel like kicking him in the nuts when he tells other dads-to-be that it's good for your wife to BF, b/c that means you don't have to get up at night! GRrrr!

BabyBearsMom
03-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Nope! With DD1 I would wake DH up and tell him I couldn't sleep just because I was mad at him for sleeping. This time I am nicer because we are both so tired with DD1 running around (plus I am sleeping better this time).

swissair81
03-29-2012, 09:43 AM
I only hate DH when he starts complaining that the baby is keeping him up (during the newborn stage). He has been well warned this time.

Green22
03-29-2012, 10:05 AM
I only hate DH when he starts complaining that the baby is keeping him up (during the newborn stage). He has been well warned this time.

YES. I have warned him that he is going to be helping out more at night with DS.

I recall once I brought her into our room in a bassinet and tried to let her sleep there b/c I was just so exhausted. (I was BFing and putting her to sleep in her crib because she never seemed to take to the bassinet) Naturally she and I were loud and woke him up. He got up, yelled about how tired he was and he had to work (so did I, though only part time), and bounced us from the bedroom. I could have killed him but luckily I did not have the energy at that moment in time.

BabyBearsMom
03-29-2012, 10:15 AM
YES. I have warned him that he is going to be helping out more at night with DS.

I recall once I brought her into our room in a bassinet and tried to let her sleep there b/c I was just so exhausted. (I was BFing and putting her to sleep in her crib because she never seemed to take to the bassinet) Naturally she and I were loud and woke him up. He got up, yelled about how tired he was and he had to work (so did I, though only part time), and bounced us from the bedroom. I could have killed him but luckily I did not have the energy at that moment in time.

Oh lordy. If my DH did that I would probably say something like "You know what is nice and quiet? The couch. Why don't you check it out?"

hillview
03-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Nope -- he sleeps like a rock and I do get grouchy when I cannot sleep and he is/can :(

swissair81
03-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Oh lordy. If my DH did that I would probably say something like "You know what is nice and quiet? The couch. Why don't you check it out?"

There is a point with each of my babies that I threaten to sleep in the guest room. The complaints suddenly stop after that.

momm
03-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Even though he is very pro-BF, I always feel like kicking him in the nuts when he tells other dads-to-be that it's good for your wife to BF, b/c that means you don't have to get up at night! GRrrr!

Oh my goodness! Give me his address, I'll kick him in the nuts for you!!

I do get super irritated with DH (not only when he's sleeping, hehe) when I'm pregnant.

I remember a scene from FRIENDS when Rachel and Ross go to the Ob when she is pregnant, and she sweetly asks him "Ross, you remember when Carol was pregnant with Ben.."
He says, "yea?" thinking that she is getting emotional.
She says "Were you this annoying then?"
hehe. I feel the exact same way :)

queenmama
03-29-2012, 03:18 PM
No, b/c I felt the same exact way. Even while our babies were rooming in with us (only one who didn't was DS2), my DH would NEVER wake up when the baby cried. I'd be up all night dealing with a nursing or fussy baby and he would sleep right through it and have absolutely NO idea in the morning that I had been up most of the night and that I felt like crap.

Ugh. Flashbacks to when Henry was born. Same exact experience!

I took some comfort in shooting DH daggers with my eyes/plotting his death during all of those night-time feedings.