PDA

View Full Version : Ugh. Just ugh.

boolady
03-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Have you ever had an event that you waited desperately to find out when it was going to happen, only to find out that it's going to happen and be overcome with dread, because it's either going to go stunningly well or be a fabulous disaster? Well, that day is tomorrow. And no, it's not period or pregnancy-related. It's work-related.

Would it be really, really wrong to consume a bit of sustaining alcoholic beverage in the parking lot tomorrow morning, after I've safely driven myself to work?

elektra
03-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Don't know what to say except good luck!
I would keep the alcohol on hand for after. ;)

lizzywednesday
03-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Sometimes, all you really need is a shot and a beer. (FWIW, I have days like that all the time.)

Console yourself with the fact that, assuming I didn't mess up the GMT conversion, if you get to work by 9a, I think it's already about dinnertime in the UK.

Good luck with whatever it is!

TwinFoxes
03-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Don't know what to say except good luck!
I would keep the alcohol on hand for after. ;)

:yeahthat: Good luck!

gatorsmom
03-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Would it be really, really wrong to consume a bit of sustaining alcoholic beverage in the parking lot tomorrow morning, after I've safely driven myself to work?

Will you have to do any kind of performance or speech which requires you to think or perform? If so, I'd hold off til afterwards. If not, I don't think a shot of something would hurt, would it? If it will calm your nerves?

My French teacher told me to have a glass of wine before taking my french tests in college. It didn't help my grades but it did calm my nerves. :D

Good luck tomorrow!

boolady
03-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Kaboom! Bottoms up! :54:
Actually, it's more of a split decision. If I wasn't so competitive, I'd be okay with the result, but of course, I'm not happy unless it all goes the way I want it to. TGIF, to say the least.

hillview
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Actually, it's more of a split decision. If I wasn't so competitive, I'd be okay with the result, but of course, I'm not happy unless it all goes the way I want it to. TGIF, to say the least.
WOOT you made it!! Enjoy the twisty straw!

Puddy73
03-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Personally, I wouldn't risk it because I'm a total lightweight when it comes to alcohol, but if a few sips of liquid courage will help you, go for it! Just remember to bring some mints. Sending lots of mojo that everything goes stunningly well!

jenfromnj
03-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Just saw this, but glad things went OK, if not entirely the way you wanted. Bottoms up!

elektra
03-30-2012, 01:42 PM

I'm so curious about all the details!
Sounds like an overall positive outcome. :) Congrats!

lizzywednesday
03-30-2012, 02:33 PM
... glad things went OK, if not entirely the way you wanted. Bottoms up!

:yeahthat: