PDA

View Full Version : How can I get my 18lb baby to stop leaking at night?

sewarsh
03-30-2012, 04:44 PM
We currently use Seventh Generation diapers, size 2 (he's ready to move up to size 3 once we're done with this box) which I love and had no issues with leaking with my other DS, but DS2 is leaking through every.single.night! I think part of the problem is that he's a belly sleeper. He'll be 7 months old in a couple days and weight 18 lbs.

I've tried:
- Regular Size 3 at night
- Huggies Overnight size 4 diapers at night

Both Pampers & Huggies size 3 overnight diapers get bad reviews.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Indianamom2
03-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Pampers Cruisers, size 4, works great for us. Ds is a belly sleeper too...

rin
03-30-2012, 05:11 PM
Can you just go up one size in the Seventh Generations? I know some people who've had nighttime leaking issues have had success using a larger size diaper at night.

FWIW, we use Huggies size 3 snug n dry for our now-23-month-old DD (yeah, she's skinny!), and have never had overnight leakage problems, but that might just be because our DD doesn't pee a lot at night (no real comparison!)

mackmama
03-30-2012, 05:17 PM
My DC leaked with 7th Generation. We've had good success with Pampers Baby Dry (no drymax).

sewarsh
03-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Can you just go up one size in the Seventh Generations? I know some people who've had nighttime leaking issues have had success using a larger size diaper at night.

FWIW, we use Huggies size 3 snug n dry for our now-23-month-old DD (yeah, she's skinny!), and have never had overnight leakage problems, but that might just be because our DD doesn't pee a lot at night (no real comparison!)

i meant to write that I did that. he's currently in a 2, almost ready to switch to 3's. and the 4's didn't gather around his legs.

SnuggleBuggles
03-30-2012, 08:57 PM
We put a cloth diaper cover over the disposable. We used Bummis, Prowraps and such. Worked great, practical and less than the cost of experimenting with another brand of disposable.

marymoo86
04-01-2012, 09:52 AM
I haven't had leak issues with Earth's Best.

zukeypur
04-01-2012, 09:56 AM
I used a ginormous cloth diaper with a fleece or wool cover with Ava, and I have used pampers cruisers with Harper. She has leaked twice in 2 years.

amom526
04-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I wouldn't go by the reviews. Every baby is so different. Fir a while Huggies overnights were the only things that worked at night. Then, those suddenly started leaking. Now pampers overnights are the only things that work at night. You just never know.