PDA

View Full Version : Strapless nursing bra?

Liziz
03-30-2012, 05:46 PM
Anyone ever used a strapless nursing bra? I'm in a wedding in a couple months, and while I *love* the bridesmaid dress, it's a one-shoulder dress. I'll be nursing a 4 month old at the time (we're bringing her with us).

I realize it's not going to be easy regardless to deal with nursing in a non-nursing dress, but I figure it might be slightly easier if the bra I'm wearing is nursing-friendly, so I don't have to undress all the way!

I'm wondering if you've ever used one, and if so, was it worth it? Did you get any support from it? Was it easy to nurse with it? If you have a particular brand or style you'd recommend, please do so! TIA!

ahrimie
04-07-2012, 03:56 AM
I bought one with DD1.. I think it was from la leche (it was when Babycenter used to have an online store, one of the brands carried there) but it didn't work for me :(

There was no support and it kept falling down. I am normally a 32A, 34B while pregnant, 32B while nursing.. it just wasn't snug enough. The cups pulled down to nurse but since I couldn't keep it up in the first place, if I pulled one cup down, the other side just came down too.. effectively exposing both breasts!

:(

sntm
04-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Agree you'd probably have better luck with a regular strapless - more options so you can try on several and see which ones allow you to pull one side down without falling. One that is more bustier style may have better hold.

Liziz
04-07-2012, 10:26 AM
I bought one with DD1.. I think it was from la leche (it was when Babycenter used to have an online store, one of the brands carried there) but it didn't work for me :(

There was no support and it kept falling down. I am normally a 32A, 34B while pregnant, 32B while nursing.. it just wasn't snug enough. The cups pulled down to nurse but since I couldn't keep it up in the first place, if I pulled one cup down, the other side just came down too.. effectively exposing both breasts!

:(
Darn....this is what I was afraid of!

Agree you'd probably have better luck with a regular strapless - more options so you can try on several and see which ones allow you to pull one side down without falling. One that is more bustier style may have better hold.
Yep, that's what I was thinking too...thanks for the replies!