PDA

View Full Version : Evenflo Truimph?

dukie41181
03-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Is this a good seat? Im thinking of it for grandma's car. Also, I understand the straps tighten with a knob rather than pull strap. In your experience does this make it harder for kids to get out of their straps? Thanks!

ZeeBaby
03-31-2012, 07:53 PM
We have an Evenflo Triumph. DH prefers it since it is easier to adjust. It is a nice seat and very reasonably priced. DD1 has no problems getting in and out of it. She can strap herself in and just needs help to unstrap. She is almost 4.

edurnemk
03-31-2012, 08:45 PM
We have an Evenlfo Triumph Advance as our secondary seat. It's a good seat, safe and comfortable. However, I, personally, prefer the install and the harness adjustment on our Britax Blvd (we've had it much longer, I'm sooo used to it) and I also like the headwings for my car-napping DS. The knob on the Evenflo was hard to do when it was RF, now it's not an issue. But, really it's a good seat.

dukie41181
03-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Is $75 a good price for a used one from a trusted friend? DOM 2009.

mom2binsd
04-01-2012, 12:58 AM
If the seat is installed RF the knobs can be a little hard to get at depending on the car, I'd try it out in grandma's car first. Price seems high that seat wasn't more than about 140.00 new I think, esp if it's a friend selling it.

dukie41181
04-01-2012, 01:06 PM
If the seat is installed RF the knobs can be a little hard to get at depending on the car, I'd try it out in grandma's car first. Price seems high that seat wasn't more than about 140.00 new I think, esp if it's a friend selling it.

She is saying it was $250 new which I just don't think is the case. Se is more of a friend of a friend. I offered $60 and she said lowest she'll go is $75.

MSWR0319
04-01-2012, 06:42 PM
I think we only paid $120 or so for ours brand new, but I did use coupons from BRU. I do like our seat, but wouldn't pay that much for it used.

ZeeBaby
04-01-2012, 08:59 PM
We got ours from diapers.com I think. $130 new.

BabbyO
04-02-2012, 12:38 AM

The knobs can be impossible to access in captains-type chairs or bench seats that have a curved side. That said, I LOVE our EFTA's. I actually find them MUCH easier to tighten than our Britax MA. I will, note, that it the straps loosen at the hip instead of at the shoulder like many seats. This only took a very short time to adjust to.

We paid $55 for our seats brand new. They were on clearance and had been manufactured about 9-10 months earlier, so we lost almost a year, but I thought the price was worth it.

dukie41181
04-02-2012, 08:06 AM
$55 is a crazy deal! Where did you find then at that price?

The knobs can be impossible to access in captains-type chairs or bench seats that have a curved side. That said, I LOVE our EFTA's. I actually find them MUCH easier to tighten than our Britax MA. I will, note, that it the straps loosen at the hip instead of at the shoulder like many seats. This only took a very short time to adjust to.

We paid $55 for our seats brand new. They were on clearance and had been manufactured about 9-10 months earlier, so we lost almost a year, but I thought the price was worth it.

BabbyO
04-02-2012, 10:07 AM
$55 is a crazy deal! Where did you find then at that price?

They were on clearance at Kmart about 18 mo ago. My mom picked up the last 2 for me. It was a nice thing since we had to get 3 convertibles (my car, DH's car and sitter's car...all of which DS rides in daily).

Not sure if my last post was clear. Most seats straps loosen/tighten at the shoulder. The EFTA tightens/loosens at the hip strap...so when you're loosening it... you have to pull on that strap. This confuses some people, but we've gotten used to it. I really like our seats, BUT they can be problematic in cars with seats that have curved sides RF. DS preferred this seat to his MA for a long time. Now he claims to not like either! :)