PDA

View Full Version : Tanks That Don't Ride Up - Especially Those Without a Shelf Bra

Kindra178
03-31-2012, 09:32 PM
I wear a tank every day, under almost everything I wear. Many tanks I own ride up. It drives me crazy. I am anti built in shelf bra in tanks. What's your fav tank? Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
03-31-2012, 09:39 PM
I bought a 2 Pack of Calvin Klein at Costco and really pleased.

DrSally
03-31-2012, 09:53 PM

Ooh, I'll have to check those out. I love to wear anthin tank under things, but hate tanks that ride up.

willow33
03-31-2012, 10:00 PM
I absolutely love the Mossimo micro rib tanks at Target. They are thin, stretchy, come in a ton of colors and are long. I probably have about 10 of them in all different colors :)

queenmama
03-31-2012, 10:16 PM
I absolutely love the Mossimo micro rib tanks at Target. They are thin, stretchy, come in a ton of colors and are long. I probably have about 10 of them in all different colors :)

Same here!

But if you want tanks that are super fitted for layering, I have to recommend the ones from the Buckle. They're more cami style so you wouldn't want to wear them alone, unlike Target's. I think they're about $12 but they frequently have specials.

Sent from my HTC Vivid 4G using Tapatalk

baboki
03-31-2012, 10:34 PM
My favorites are the ones from H&M. They have just enough spandex to hold everything in nicely.

acmom
04-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Ann Taylor Loft has some and they are having a 3 for $35 deal right now that includes their tanks, camisoles and several t-shirt styles. They have lots of colors,a soft feel and they are fairly long. I just bought a few - I haven't tried them yet but have had good luck with their tanks and camisoles in the past. Might be worth checking there.

arivecchi
04-01-2012, 02:51 PM
James Perse ribbed tanks are my fave.

Katigre
04-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Are you a pear-shaped or hourglass shaped body type by chance? Tanks will ride up more if you have a deep curve at your waist, or if your hips are much wider than your torso.

AnnieW625
04-01-2012, 05:03 PM
For camisoles my favorites are from The Limited; but when they have them Merona from Target are also nice. For basic tank tops I like The Seed from Wal Mart or Jockey. Mossimos and Old Navy ate okay, but they don't wear as well. The Jockeys are a bit thinner than The Seed ones, but they are perfect for working out.

newg
04-01-2012, 10:25 PM

I've been looking at those everytime I go in costco lately. Are they tight fitting.....like you wouldn't want to wear them alone.....or do you think they'd work either way (layered under a shirt or worn alone)?

Tondi G
04-02-2012, 01:51 AM

these rode up on me ... I bought 2 and wore one of them ONCE... I went back to my washed out old navy ribbed tanks. Apparently ON has no changed the fabric... haven't bought a new one yet ... I fear they will be the same at the Target ones now.