PDA

View Full Version : Car seat config in Odyssey for 4?

kellij
04-01-2012, 08:31 PM
We have to Frontier 85s that we're putting in the far back seat. Then we have one Britax that is for our 2-year-old (just turned) that is still rf. Now we need to add a snugride. DH is having trouble figure out how to keep the 2-year-old seat rf. How do you do it?

LD92599
04-01-2012, 08:41 PM
What year Ody? Can you put the RF seats in the center seat and one of the outboards...then remove the other captains chair for better access to the 3rd row? Or the snugride on the middle seat and the RF on one of the captairs chairs?

WatchingThemGrow
04-01-2012, 08:48 PM
We've had 2 seats in the back and 2 RFing seats in the center row of our 2009 Ody. We take out the skinny seat and push the pass/captain's chair toward the middle.

megv
04-01-2012, 09:11 PM
We will have your exact configuration - we will have 2 FR in 3rd row (1 is older model in booster mode, one is the FR85 in harness mode.) In the middle row, we have a RF MA70 behind driver. Right now, we still have a FR85 on other captains seat with it pushed towards the center - so extra space is on passengers side for older boys to climb into back seat. When #4 arrives over the summer, I am planning to move the RF MA over to that spot and putting the KF behind drivers seat. Only thing I have not 100% determined is where to tether the MA in the captains chair in that center spot.

Pyrodjm
04-02-2012, 10:07 AM
If you have a 2011/2012 model I would put the snurride center and the two year-old outboard behind the driver. This leave the seat behind the passenger free to slide forward to let the children in the frontiers intot the third row. It would put them outboard in the third row because that where the two latches are and it will prolly cut down on fighting way back there. You could also remove the captain chair on the passenger side to make loading the tied row even easier.

BabyBearsMom
04-02-2012, 10:19 AM
Just an FYI, in my Ody, there is only one tether point in the back row (center). Not sure if you already thought about that.

We have DD1 RF'ing in the Ody behind the passenger seat. I am 5'9" and all legs and DH is 6' and we can both comfortably sit in the front seat with the seat RF'ing (we have a classic BLVD, so it has a pretty big foot print. Our KF30 fits comfortably behind the driver's seat. When the seat is in place, I need to move my seat up maybe 3/4 of inch for the seat to work, but not terrible.

carolinamama
04-02-2012, 11:02 AM
In our 2010 Ody, we have a harnessed FR85 and Graco HBTB in the back. There are tether anchors in all 3 spots back there. Then we took out the skinny middle seat from the 2nd row and pushed the captains seats together. DS2 in a FR85 is on the passenger side (just upgraded from MA after it was in a wreck with MIL) and DD in the driver's side seat in Chicco Keyfit. I will switch her to the passenger side in a MA or BLVD soon as it is easier to RF tether in that position imo. HTH.

secchick
04-02-2012, 11:13 AM
If you have a 2011/2012 model I would put the snurride center and the two year-old outboard behind the driver. This leave the seat behind the passenger free to slide forward to let the children in the frontiers intot the third row. It would put them outboard in the third row because that where the two latches are and it will prolly cut down on fighting way back there. You could also remove the captain chair on the passenger side to make loading the tied row even easier.

This is what I do, with the passenger side captains chair removed. DS in a Marathon behind driver, Chicco KF in the center seat in wide mode, DD in a FR80 in the third row passenger. If I had another in a FR, I would put them on the other side. It is easy peasy to help buckle everyone in with the seat removed.

Tanya
04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
I have a 2003 Odyssey, so for what it's worth...

I have my 9 year old in a high back booster on the passenger side in the 3rd row, 5.5 year old is in Marathon on the driver's side in the 3rd row. I had Honda install the additional two tether anchors in the back of the cargo area, so the Marathon is tethered.
Then I have almost 17 month old twins, they are both RF in BLVDs in the 2nd row. I moved the passenger side seat over to the "middle".

When my van is parked in the garage, my older two kids have to crawl under both RF seats in order to get to the aisle on the other side. I also have to lift one twin over the driver's side BLVD to get to the middle BLVD which isn't fun, but easier than trying to pull my van out of the garage onto steep driveway and load everyone and keep twins from running off, etc. However, now my girl twin has been climbing into the van and with the help of the 5.5 year old, she climbs into her seat from the "aisle"...which is awesome, except for trying to get the buckle out from underneath her. Then I just have the challenge of getting my boy twin bent enough to get him into his BLVD RF.

When we're out, the older kids use the passenger side door more and I can load one twin from that side easier too.

When we had two infant seats in the 2nd row, I could at least remove the driver's side one to more easily access the middle one in the garage. It's been an adjustment trying to cram the twins into RF BLVDs, but I'm getting used to it. My mom still complains.

infocrazy
04-02-2012, 11:44 AM
In our 2010 Ody, we have a harnessed FR85 and Graco HBTB in the back. There are tether anchors in all 3 spots back there. Then we took out the skinny middle seat from the 2nd row and pushed the captains seats together.

We have the same setup in our 2009 Ody. Right now, we have a HBTB (DS1) and a LBTB for a carpool in the third row, outboard. DS2 is behind the driver in a FR85 because I have to use the seatbelt installation since he is over the 40lb limit for latch. DD is in a RF MA in the pushed over captain chair.

Once our new DS is here, I am going to put DS2 in the third row behind the passenger outboard in his FR85. DS4 will replace him behind the driver.