PDA

View Full Version : Wii Fit

theriviera
04-02-2012, 07:25 PM
Does anyone here use Wii Fit? Can it be a good workout?

DH heard about a personal trainer "game" that gives feedback to make sure that you are doing the exercises correctly. We were using a personal trainer at home but we can no longer use him.

Any recommendations for good workouts?

SnuggleBuggles
04-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Eh, it's ok. I did learn good yoga fundamentals from it and I do like the feedback. I used to do it a lot... Got kind of dull running in place/ around the living room. Hula hoop and boxing were good cardio. I personally love Just Dance 3 for a cardio game. Maybe that plus Wii Cit for the other stuff would work?

babybell
04-02-2012, 09:14 PM
Most of those games don't get your heart rate up high enough and long enough for them to be considered good workouts in my book. Running in place is not good for your joints. Boxing is okay. Overall, I wouldn't buy it for it's work out value.

nbarrett78
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM
I was a big fan of the Wii fit. I have been doing the Wii Active and I like that. It is not a game though... more like a workout video that gives some feedback and varies from workout to workout. That is what I liked about it, is that it is not the same workout day in and day out.