PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Bathroom cleaner?

katydid1971
04-03-2012, 12:52 PM
My mom always buys Scrubbing Bubbles when she visits but I don't think it works that well. What is your favorite bathroom cleaner? I'm a germ-a-fob so I'm open to more "toxic" brands for the bathroom where DS can't seem to shoot straight.:wink2:

Penny's Pappa
04-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Chlorox Clean Up spray. Of course a dilute solution of regular bleach in water would probably do just as good. Vinegar also.

lizzywednesday
04-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I used to love Scrubbing Bubbles until I lived in places where the bathrooms had no windows to open while I cleaned ... and the fumes got to me.

I've used Kaboom!, which is pretty good, but not antibacterial, so you'd have to follow up with Lysol or something.

The absolute greatest for floors and the outside of the toilet is/was Lysol Concentrate in the small, dark brown bottle. I haven't seen it in about 6 years, though, so I'm starting to wonder if they stopped making it. Which really stinks because that shiz is DA BOMB. (This is the stuff I mean, not the Fanta-colored cr@p that's sold in stores now: http://www.soap.com/p/lysol-concentrate-12-oz-217581?site=CI&utm_source=CSE&utm_medium=CPC_S&utm_campaign=Google&utm_content=pla&ci_sku=YLY-054&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword} ... it smells kind of like a hospital, though.)

For the tub, I like Bon Ami, followed up with Lysol.

I don't like the smell of bleach, so anything with bleach in it is a no-go for me. (It makes me queasy and, if I smell it long enough, it will make me vomit. That's enough for me.)

Indianamom2
04-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Mr. Clean With Febreeze....doesn't smell toxic...does disinfect!

kaitlyns.mom
04-03-2012, 10:43 PM
I know you like toxic. ;) But my absolute fave is Biokleen Bathroom Cleaner with lavender. Smells so much better because bleach makes me nauseous. Works great!

essnce629
04-04-2012, 04:14 AM
I don't like toxic-- my mom used to buy this industrial strength bright pink bathroom cleaner from Costco that was so strong it would make you want to pass out and would make me have asthma. My asthma went away after going away to college.

My favorite is BabyGanics bathroom cleaner. I use the unscented version, since I hate cleaning products with scents, but the lavendar one is quite mild and is often easier to find since TRU/BRU sells it. I buy it on Amazon though using subscribe & save.

http://www.amazon.com/BabyGanics-Scrub--Cleaner-Unscented-Fluid/dp/B0046HK2JC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333526977&sr=8-1

If I don't have any of the BabyGanics, then I buy the Method bathroom cleaner which works great as well, but is scented.

doberbrat
04-05-2012, 12:24 AM
clorox bathroom cleaner.

I LOVE the smell of bleach. It equals clean for me....