PDA

View Full Version : NOOOO!!!! Not the flu, please God, not the flu!

misshollygolightly
04-03-2012, 05:30 PM
I woke up this morning feeling tired with a terrible ache in my back but wrote it off as the consequence of DD waking up excessively last night to nurse (I think she's teething, but that's another BP!). Felt sluggish all morning, but slogged through Aldi with both kids and made it through lunch. And then felt MISERABLE. Both kids fought naptime for about an hour, and then finally fell asleep in the living room with me. At which point it dawned on me, "Hey, I really feel icky and now I'm achy all over and feeling feverish!" Had to wait until DD woke up before I could check my temp (I let her nap in my arms today--I just didn't have the energy to get up and put her in her crib!). Sure enough...100 degrees. Pretty sure I have a flu of some sort. Praying now that it isn't the stomach bug kind...and that the kids don't get it. Unfortunately, daycare is closed this week so the kids are home with me all day every day...which was bad enough b/c it meant I'd be getting no work done on my dissertation, but now is even worse b/c it means I have to find a way to push through the misery while taking care of them! UGH! Oh yeah, and I still have to go shopping at the other grocery store sometime this week to get all the specialty stuff for Easter brunch (which we're hosting for our Sunday School group). Yuck. Thank goodness DH is home now and getting everyone through dinner without me.

SnuggleBuggles
04-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Mastitis? At least if it is that, within 24 hours antibiotics would kick in (if you want to use them). Feel better!