PDA

View Full Version : ISO Washington DC Tour Deals

Jen841
04-03-2012, 05:50 PM
I know many of the attractions are free, but I would like something family friendly (and budget friendly) to tie them all together.

Oh, and we are going this weekend!

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles
04-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Like a bus tour?

TwinFoxes
04-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Tourmobile. I don't know if it's cheap, but you can hop on and off at your own pace. It's a part of the DC landscape. At Legoland in CA, the DC Lego city has little Lego Tourmobiles. :)

ETA: well crap. Legoland better tear down the lego Tourmobiles, apparently they closed last fall!
ETA2: Apparently a new service started two weeks ago.
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/02/20/park-service-announces-new-bus-for-national-mall/

Jen841
04-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Any formal tour that hits the hot spots would be nice. My kids are 8 and 6 so they will get something out of it now, but have a limited attention span. When they see the mall all they will want to do it toss a baseball around!

lowrioh
04-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Last year there was a coupon in the Entertainment book for a bunch of the attractions you have to pay for. You may be able to pick up a copy somewhere? I just ordered mine so I haven't seen what is in it this year.
The last couple of years had the Tourmobile for buy one get one but I'm not sure what's available now that they are out of business.

SnuggleBuggles
04-04-2012, 11:53 AM
We just have an itinerary with a little running around time built in. I make them go, go, go. :)